Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 13: Consequences

This 2E Dragonlance game is set in the city of Haven, during the War of the Lance. Haven is a city undergoing great upheaval. First massive numbers of refugees pour in, then the city is conquered by a draconic army. Can our heroes survive under this dark occupation?

Moderator: JadedDM

Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 13: Consequences

Post by Chris1234 »

"Into the town somewhere," whispers Shima back, probably accurately but also probably unhelpfully.
He prepares shield and weapon, just in case, and stands off to the side on which the door isn't hinged.
djhyland
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by djhyland »

After listening to Haahqae's description of the warehouse's interior, Arulia tells him her new idea. "That's good, if it comes to a fight, but maybe we shouldn't fight them...not yet anyway. I doubt that they'll bring all their money here with them to meet me, after all. If we fight them, and if we win, we probably won't get much money from them." She pointing at Haahqae to emphasize her next words. "But you are good at hiding and sneaking. If you can follow them when they leave without them seeing you, maybe you can find where they're hiding out. And if you do, we can surprise them with a better plan than beating them up here...and be more likely to get more of what they stole back." She hesitates for a moment before asking, "What do you think?"

When Haahqae offers her a torch, Arulia holds up her branch. "I've already found a club."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Haahqae, Arulia and Gobax (Abandoned Warehouse, Exterior)
As the three talk, the bell rings at the Old Fort, indicating it is now Ninth Watch.

Kendra Greylock (2527 Market Street, Greylock's Gorgeous Gems)
"And if you had been killed, I never would have forgiven myself," Sadron says. "Besides, it all worked out. Nobody paid any attention to me, they were focused on the attack. It all worked out well enough, didn't it?" he asks.

Ne-Chanz and Shima (Central Haven Sewers)
Opening the door, Ne-Chanz shines the light of his torch to see the next room. There's another bridge, this one leading to an area across the large river of sludge the party has already crossed once before. There is a single door on the other side that doesn't appear locked. There doesn't seem to be anyone in this area.
Attachments
Central Haven Sewers 12.jpg
Central Haven Sewers 12.jpg (52.08 KiB) Viewed 4897 times
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

"You check the bridge's strength."
Characters:
Current:
LSO: Gallath, Elf Thief- SendHelp
WotL:Ne-Chanz, Minotaur Fighter- Casual Murder
Demiplane:Cal Lightfoot, Gnome Thief/Illusionist (Improv Kit)- Chilling
AD:LitC: Jacen Terro, Half-Elf fighter- HOLD
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Shima tries to check out the bridge - what it's made of and its capacity for supporting his companion.
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

“Sneaking? Are you accusing me of sneaking? I can avoid being seen when I want to.”

Well this is a strange plan, but as Haahqae thinks about it, it might just work. He certainly IS very sneaky and in a pinch he can vanish like nothing had ever happened. The plan has the significant disadvantage that it takes longer for him to get back to a more important task… But that might just give him more time to plan. There’s still a possibility that he’ll be able to somehow frame Yvette and Xleena for the theft and get Ismene out of prison. As criminals, getting those two locked up for furthering a cause like freeing innocent Ismene would be real justice in action. His own plan of beating up the thieves as soon as he finds them might be immensely more satisfying, but with the facts laid out for him like this, he realizes that plan really wouldn’t accomplish his goals.

“That might work. It would be good to find out where they’ve been hiding all this time.”

Seeing that his torches weren't going to be needed, Haahqae puts them back away and keeps the sling as his only weapon.
Veni Vidi Vici
djhyland
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by djhyland »

Arulia scowls when Haahqae takes offense at her observations. "Call it what you like," she says. "I saw how you could hide and creep around in Belzor's hideout, though. If that's not sneaking, I don't know what is."

After Haahqae mulls over her plan, Arulia asks, "So do we all agree to do this, rather than go in and fight?"
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Grubnick nods in agreement.
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

Still with a sneaking doubt that this plan isn't as good as just bashing the girl's faces in, Haahqae hesitates a little, but finally concedes "Yes, that will do. Where should we meet after I'm done?"

And as an afterthought he adds "In the Belzorite lair, that was scouting."
Veni Vidi Vici
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The bridge is made of the same material and looks to be about as sturdy as the previous one. It would be wise to approach with caution and use the same precautions as last time.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Kendra gave Sadron a small nod of her head, and let out a sigh. "Except now I have guards at my door," she explains with a sigh. "This is getting more and more complicated."
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

"You first."
Characters:
Current:
LSO: Gallath, Elf Thief- SendHelp
WotL:Ne-Chanz, Minotaur Fighter- Casual Murder
Demiplane:Cal Lightfoot, Gnome Thief/Illusionist (Improv Kit)- Chilling
AD:LitC: Jacen Terro, Half-Elf fighter- HOLD
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Sure," replies Shima, and nips over the bridge.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Kendra Greylock (2527 Market Street, Greylock's Gorgeous Gems)
"It will make things more difficult," Sadron admits. "But it's not like they'll be coming inside and searching the place. Still, it might be a good idea for me to find another hiding place. Maybe even get out of the city. If I'm discovered here, everything you worked for will be destroyed."

Shima manages to cross the bridge and reach the other side without too much concern. The bridge creaks under his weight of around 200 pounds, but does not give way.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Maybe," Kendra says. "And I know that is probably for the best too, but having you here has been comforting. It has made me feel less alone."