Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Tree Lords III

Post by Breila »

Babushka signals a halt, then puts down her backpack, taking the fungus staff with her. "Wait here, let me check no one is lying in ambush."
She disappears into the brush, making her way around the clearing a few feet into the forest, in the back of anyone wanting to ambush the group.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Babushka circles around the clearing, but finds nobody lying in wait. The clearing itself is empty, as well; just a mud patch in the center and a couple of rocks (large enough to sit on) on the west side.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Jerrard stays quiet, thinking as he walks onwards, Malika on his mind he doesn't say much.

---------

"I wish I could go and look.." Locky says cheerfully, "I wonder who is in there..."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka returns to the group. "We can proceed" she tells them. "And if those rocks are as harmless as they look, I think this would make a perfect resting place. I doubt we'll find anything better before nightfall. Jeremy and I could still go and look for food and water."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Great!" Locky grins, and gets ready to move.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
agamotto
Freeman
Freeman

Post by agamotto »

"Well," Jeremy says, "If we are making camp, I suppose I can go find what food is available. Should I focus on hunting, or foraging? Presuming that we do actually camp here."

OOC Depending on the answer, Jeremy will continue, hunt, or look for wild edibles.
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"It is getting late, so we probably should make camp here," Imani says before she looks to Jeremy. "So go ahead and try to find whatever type of food you can," she adds. "The rest of us will go ahead and set up camp."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka will go looking for water and food as well, once again not taking her full backpack, but just waterskins (and the daggers and fungus staff, of course).
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Jerrard and Locky will rest, Locky prays for more spells to aid the group..

Locky sits quietly and prays, thanking Paladine for aiding the elves.

Jerrard tries to settle the camp, and will make food with the items the others return with.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
agamotto
Freeman
Freeman

Post by agamotto »

Jeremy gathers his hunting equipment and goes hunting, gathering whatever edibles he finds on the way.
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The party proceeds to start making camp while Babushka and Jeremy head off into the wilderness, each on their own, to search for food and water.

Ulster and Thuskar begin work searching for firewood while Locky sits down to pray, once again forgetting that she cannot pray for new spells until after she has rested, not before. This leaves Jerrard, Imani and Fikod to fix up the rest of the campsite.

After a couple of hours, the camp is all ready. Jeremy has had a very lucky time in the forest; he manages to bag four deer. He begins to tie them together so he can start dragging them back to camp.

Babushka, meanwhile, manages to find a small stream of clean water about 50 yards away from camp. As she approaches it to fill up the waterskins, the fungus staff suddenly snaps off her wrist and clatters to the ground. A half-moment later, a half-dozen black, spiny tendrils burst from the ground to the gnome's right and ensnare her; one grabs her leg, another grabs her wrist, a third and fourth wrap around her waist and torso, and the fifth around her foot. The tendrils then begin pulling her, attempting to drag her into the ground.

===============

Babushka makes a survival check [10] (1d20): 2, pass. She finds a small source of water.
Jeremy makes a hunting check [11] (1d20): 4, pass. He catches four deer.

Babushka makes a surprise roll (1d10-5): 2. She is not surprised, thanks to the fungus staff.

Creature attacks Babushka with its tendrils (1d20): 10, hit, ensnaring her.

(OOC: A BB/LG check needs to be made to escape the tendrils.)
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Once the camp is set up, Imani takes a seat to rest. "Travel through the forest is slower than it was before," she said. "I was hoping to get a little further today than we did."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka screams "Help!!" at the top of her voice while trying unsucessfully to get rid of the tendrils ensnaring her.

1d100=90, miserable fail
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Having communed with Paladine Locky jumps up and joins the others, "We aren't going very fast are we? I hope we find Malika soon, I know she is a pain, but I quite like her."

(Detect noise 1d100=45 fail)

(The first line was a summary, in case the game moved along in our absence, the rest were actually what both pcs were doing! Ie Locky was feeling quite... Spiritual over the elves, she was praying to commune, not to get spells yet)

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"I hope so too Locky, I really do." Jerrard suggests as he arranges the camp, "Tell me Fikod, can you ride? I have yet to meet many dwarves how enjoy horses."