Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: OOC Chat II

Post by JadedDM »

Breila wrote: I don't remember exactly which system you use for critical hits...
I actually get asked this quite a bit, but oddly enough, I've always used the rule given in the DMG.

When a critical hit is made, damage is rolled twice. However, any modifiers are only counted once. So if you would normally deal 1d4+2 damage, on a critical you'd roll 2d4+2 damage (not 2d4+4; the modifier is not doubled).

However, a lot of people roll their attack and damage at the same time (meaning if they miss, their damage roll goes to waste). Consequently, they don't realize they've made a critical hit until the damage roll is already made, so they just x2 the result. Not actually the rule, but I usually accept it since it'd be a pain for me to roll damage for them again.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

NoTrammeling wrote:(He intends to be last this round, but I rolled init just in case I'm missing some rule)
Yeah, a character can 'hold' an action until a specified time (after so-and-so goes, after a specific event, at the end of the round, etc.), but it's still a good idea to roll initiative, as well. Also, a character can specify an if/then action, like 'my character will hold still and attack anyone who comes into range.' But then, of course, if nobody does come into range, you don't do anything. That also requires initiative, though.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

By the way, (and this applies to all of my games), I've decided that henceforth, when a character (friend or foe) is in negative HP and bleeding out, I will not publicly keep track of them losing 1 HP each round any longer. Instead, I will keep track of it privately, and just make a notification if someone hits -10 HP and dies.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(so the Elf is possibly still alive...)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Possibly. There are two elves, actually; a male and a female.

In other news, I finally sat down and wrote out a full biography for Ulster today. Yeah, this whole time, I haven't had a bio for either Thuskar or Ulster; just stat blocks and a vague idea in my head. Now it's on paper, though, all fleshed out.
agamotto
Freeman
Freeman

Post by agamotto »

Sorry, I had unexpected problems with my dinosaur that I have the misfortune to call a computer, I see that Jeremy is down for the count, do I start work of the fire mage? I almost have her done, just got to come up with a background and history. never was good at those.
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

agamotto wrote:Sorry, I had unexpected problems with my dinosaur that I have the misfortune to call a computer...
No worries. I lost internet for over 24 hours, so I know the feeling.
agamotto wrote:I see that Jeremy is down for the count, do I start work of the fire mage? I almost have her done, just got to come up with a background and history. never was good at those.
Well, Jeremy is still alive, although he's in negative HP and slowly bleeding out. Same with Imani. At this point, it's still a little early to call this fight. The party may win, with or without party fatalities--or we might be looking at a TPK here. Depends on how things go.
Breila wrote:(Why didn't you NPC Babushka to come back with Ulster and Thuskar? It would be very unlike her to stay back and watch over Malika, animals and treasure while her friends are fighting for their lives?)
Because 1) it was Jenara's idea so I wouldn't have to NPC her 2) Babushka wouldn't know how bad things were going since she was away from the battle and 3) she was to be my ace in the hole, in case the party gets killed (she would be the sole survivor, which means we could continue the game without everyone starting all over--she might have even found a way to raise some of them later on, if she could retrieve the bodies) or captured (so she could feasibly rescue them).
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Sorry to pause things. We are away till Sunday night
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Locky's luck is running out.....

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Perhaps so. I'll post the new round after Breila posts, or tomorrow (three day rule), whichever happens first.

Regardless, I'm going to do some research into a new game, just in case of a TPK. Maybe I was too hasty in writing up full bios for Ulster and Thuskar after all. I think I'll hold off on doing Malika's until the battle is over. :lol:

Still, it could really go either way at this point. There are only three dwarves left, but two are at full health and the third only slightly wounded. Locky's on her last legs, Fikod is very weak, and Imani, Jeremy and Jerrard are all bleeding out. Even if the party wins, I imagine they'll be out of commission for a few days, at least.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Can Locky bring Jerrard back twice?

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Yes. He'll again be restored to 1 HP and suffer severe fatigue, though.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

At least the spell won't be totally wasted!

Borderlands 3 - Navi
agamotto
Freeman
Freeman

Post by agamotto »

I will be unavailable for a few days, going to see a friend in ohio, and need to mail my comp on ahead of me. Can't take it on the buss. If I am needed before I get my comp in the mail, just npc me please.
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Okay, no problem. Enjoy your trip!