Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH 1: The Road Travels East

The original Dragonlance modules (DL1-DL14), updated to 2E.

Moderator: JadedDM

Forum rules
The original Dragonlance modules (DL1-DL14), updated to 2E.

Placed on Hiatus....
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH 1: The Road Travels East

Post by Jerrard »

"My home is in Solomina to the North, we left when I was but a Child, the riots were bad then, the Knights have always been blamed for many things." He straightened his back, his hand strays to the hilt of his sword. "My Father refused to leave, he stayed to defend our Castle which cost him his life. I wear what inheritance I have left, my Armor, and my sword."

He keeps his voice low, out of respect to the Old Man and his stories, and in all the noise and commotion in the bar, two people talking would not be noticeable.

"Yes we all have a story to tell, do we not?" Glancing at his companions in turn, he looks back at the Old Man. "I heard stories of Huma, the greatest Knight to ever live, Quivalen Soth wrote of His struggle against the Dragons. Perhaps the Old man knows the Song?"
SightblinderX
Peasant
Peasant

Post by SightblinderX »

Tanis watched Laurana move away "Its not like that. Yes, I do still wear it. Things are not that simple." Tanis cradled his head in his hand and would speak no more.
[b]Kensai & Professional Hero[/b]
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Seeing Laurana coming back to into the room alone, looking troubled, Goldmoon is alarmed. She touches Sturm's arm and asks: "Could you please make sure Tanis is OK and bring him back in?" She herself walks over to Laurana. "Are you OK?" she asks in Qualinesti.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I was a fool to come here, my Father will be furious, I came here for him, and..." Her voice breaks, looking truly like a little Girl, she places her head in her hands. Sobbing.

She says nothing to Sturm, instead she keeps her gaze on Goldmoon, "A Princess should not act this way."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Goldmoon lays her arm around Laurana's shoulder and guides her to a quiet spot. She sighs heavily. "I too was born princess. Now I am here, servant to a knight. Life is not easy for us, too. Tell me more." Her Qualinesti is not as fluent as her Common, but she wants to comfort Laurana. And she vastly prefers some silly girl's talk now to the dangerous waters her conversation with Sturm was heading to. After all, who knows what the theocrat would do to her if he knew she had the blue crystal staff he was looking for, and no intention to hand it over to him...
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

Having returned to his drink and spiced potatoes, Caramon notices his brother's attention migrating between the High Theocrat and the old storyteller..... "What's going on Raist? It looks like that ole drunk there wants to start something with the old fellow telling the children a story? "
Talyn
Freeman
Freeman

Post by Talyn »

Raistlin looks over at his brother. "Perceptive brother." Raistlin says quietly to Caramon. "The Seeker seems to be gathering his courage from his cups, it won't be long before he finally acts."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Laurana looks to the Plainswoman giving her a semi smile, "I have known Tanis for many years, my Father took him into our home when his mother died.. We played together as Children, along with my Brother Gilthanas." Her fingers play with her hair as she talks.

"We made a promise we'd stay together forever, we exchanged rings... But then he got older, he didn't want to play with me anymore, and one day he left." She lowers her head, looking to the Kitchen where Tanis sat. "I missed him, I love him, my Father, my friends... They don't understand.. So I left, I came here to find him, to tell him I love him.."

"And now... I regret ever being here."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Goldmoon thinks for a moment. Given her own story, she is not going to send the elven girl back home. But with Tanis's reaction to Laurana, she sees little hope for the girl's love. However...
"Were you happy at home, Laurana?" she asks.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Of course I did, Qualinesti is a wonderful place, full of wonder and beauty such as many will never see." She gives a big smile, her almond shaped eyes wide with excitement. "I am not going back, if thats what you mean? How will I show him I have grown if I leave just because things are a little bit awkward?" She says biting her lip. "I am staying."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Goldmoon raises her eyebrows, but says nothing. What the young elven princess was saying wasn't completely coherent to her. But she felt that words would be useless anyway, so she pads Laurana on the shoulder and goes back to the table, sitting beside Riverwind.
SightblinderX
Peasant
Peasant

Post by SightblinderX »

Tanis sat there alone for a couple moments before rising to his feet so he could face everyone. His thoughts mostly dwelling on how things couldn't get any worse today. he walked back out into the common room, and almost immediately took in the situation unfolding before him. "Of course, why did i expect less?" he said to no one in particular.
[b]Kensai & Professional Hero[/b]
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

When Tanis returned, letter in hand, Tas touched his arm to catch his attention, nodding his head toward the Seeker with a look that meant there might be trouble.

"Are all your stories of the ancient gods true, Old One?" asked the boy with a sigh.

The old man's voice carried clearly over the drone of the other conversation in the common room. "Indeed, my stories are true, child." The old man looked directly at Goldmoon and Riverwind. "Ask these two. They carry such stories in their hearts."

"Do you?" the boy turned to the woman eagerly. "Can you tell me a story?"

Riverwind draws nearer to Goldmoon protectively, his hand reaching for his weapon.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Goldmoon makes a gesture to hold Riverwind back. This was the time for words, not for weapons - yet. She turns to the boy.
"Do I know a story for you? It's been a long time since anyone told me a story. And the old man is wrong. In our lands, too, the stories of the old Gods are almost forgotten. And I'm afraid I'm not a good storyteller."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The child's eager face filled with disappointment. The old man patted him on the back, then looked directly into Goldmoon's eyes. "You may not be a teller of tales," he said pleasantly, "but you are a singer of songs, aren't you, Chieftain's Daughter? Sing the child your song, Goldmoon. You know the one.

"Ah, you wonder how I know of you?" he asked, anticipating her question. "This is not important." The old man smiled gently. "Sing for us, Chieftain's Daughter."

From out of nowhere, apparently, a lute appeared in the old man's hands. He handed it over to the woman. Somehow, Goldmoon knew exactly which song he is referring to.