Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 2 Scene 4: "Descent into Darkness" (Game Thread)

Library of closed threads.

Moderator: TristenC

TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Act 2 Scene 4: "Descent into Darkness" (Game Thread)

Post by TristenC »

==-=
Chris1234 wrote:======
Does only Pyros see the lancer?
everyone sees him. the others are just farther away
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Keeping a watch on the canyon wall on her side, Jerry matches pace with Merrick as the group approach the unkown lancer.
Last edited by Chris1234 on Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Mira's eyes light up at the newcomers appearance. A Knight? Here?

"He's from my world, mine and Pyros! I guess every world has stories of Knights riding in to save the fair maiden? And he is one of those." She squeezes Elsas hand tighter, but then they had fallen to disgrace, what remained fought themselves, she all too easily remembered ones such as him watching her dance.

"let's say hello.." Taking the lead she lowers the crossbow. Stepping forwards the small priestess in tow. "Greetings. Well met Sir Knight." She announces in the language of his homeland. "Mira, formerly of Haven, then Palathlas, most recently Harmonia."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Palathlas? I was there not three weeks ago, before we routed the Dragon Armies. Harmonia?" He stands stunned, astride the mount. "Forgive my rudeness my Lady. Sir Karl Mordrane Sularia." He slides from the Chargers back, wincing inwardly in pain as his wounds jar. "Knight of the sword. My patrol were attacked outside of a small village to the North of the High Clerists tower. Perhaps you might be able to guide me in the right direction? I have need to return. My men need to be seen to, the war is turning." He states at her, at them all hopefully..
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

Pytor’s face was grim as he watched the approaching knight. “Make certain that he is indeed alone.”
"It's quite a place. A place of good times and bad, of pain and growth, but in the end a place of great hope. - But if you ever do come aboard, remember one thing: No one there is exactly what he seems. But then, who is?"- G'Kar
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

As the Knight dismounts, Pyros will move in and around the horse. Over and under if he is allowed.

If stopped: "Just making sure your saddle bags are tight."

"Ah such a beast." He will rub the horse's nose and neck.

=============//=============

Any others friend?"
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Karl adjsuts Bayard's position avoid the Kenders 'inspection'
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Maintaining watch on her side of the canyon Jerry says quietly to Merrick, "Have you encountered his like before?"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Catching the tone in Pytors voice Mira ponders, what it all Knights are not like the ones from her homeland? As she walks she ponders stories of those from other lands, sadly Finding none.

"Sir Knight. When you arrived here, did you travel through a mist?" As he nods she sighs, "This place.. it traps people, many of us hail from different lands, the language is song, the nights. There is no easy way to say this, did you have bad dreams? We all do. Welcome to a world of nightmares. Here, the dead walk, men are wolves." She sighs, "We are looking for a way home.. perhaps.. we could use another good sword arm." She offers her hand in greeting, hoping for all their sakes he was one of the good ones.

"Has Haven been lost? My parents.." she stammers, then switches subjects. "The Knights have returned to glory? They ride again with honour?"

A little bit of everything [1d100] = 89 (25%) fail
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Bayard has served me well. He is a mighty beast. And my saddlebags are fine, it was less than a week ago since I encountered your kind. I told Sir Sturm that he shouldn't have been allowed to wander the tower.. a bored Kender is a dangerous one." He smiles weakly, fatigue and poor sleep knawing at him yet honour forced him to stand.

"One of your kind brought down an army.. For that, I am grateful."

His attention shifts to Mira, the only other person talking to him.

"Indeed I traveled through a ill mist, it's like I have never seen. The dead? Then the dead creature was real? It was no illusion? Trapped? No it cannot be, it cannot, there must be a way. My honour. My friends." He would not cry, a Knight did not cry. He would raise above this, these people they needed help, damsels and children.

Regarding them in turn, his eyes fall fully on Mira for the first time, she as a fine looking lady, one to be protected, although her bearing and demeanor reminded him of a story he had heard of about a club.. no, lifting his head so his eyes are once again engaged with hers he switches to the others. Each had a haunted look, the dreams? This was most strange.

"Well met to you all.. as we appear to have a the same goal. My code requires me to offer my sword in assistance. Bayard and I will accompany you.. tell me what is this strange thing?" His eyes go to the raven, passing over Mira briefly. "What be your names?"
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[Nocturno, the comment from sir Karl to the Silvanesti was directed at Cross Wherehence do you come? Your people fled, they left their homeland. They could not fight the darkness." Not sure if you realized]

High above, the raven familiar communicates with his master. No others. Nothing moves there... holes to more earth cages that you seem to like... more sticks on the ground, but no other two legs or four.

Elsa murmurs quietly just before the bard approaches Sir Karl in a voice only Mira can hear. Not bad... maybe a little tall... The halfling blushes slightly, but doesn't say more on the subject. After the initial greetings begin, the pretty, golden-haired halfling raises a hand in greeting and introduction. Well-met, Sir Karl. I am Elsa Tallfellow of Meadville of the Sun Kingdom, and priestess of... an almost imperceptible grin crosses her feature at some private jest before she clears her throat. Priestess of Yondalla the Provider. She gives an almost military curtsy, mace and shield still in hand but turned formally aside in the universal sign for no ill will. Her eyes cut to the Kender circling Bayard. With a note of humor to her voice she continues. I see you've some experience with these so-called 'Kender' too? I don't suppose you're familiar with Halflings, then? Stouts... Underhills... even, say, a Tallfellow? she asks pleasantly.

The tanned gypsies formerly in the fore (before being passed by Mira) speak quiet words between themselves. Dusky-hued fighter woman watches him with a serious eye but offers her own short introduction as Adrestia of the Equaar.

The robed elf near the back with the longbow speaks briefly, Adran of Waterdeep. but does little more else than to watch for outside threats.

To the rear of the group the red-bearded woodsman observes Mira's interactions with the newcome knight with amusement; brushing his mustache to cover a smile and nods in greeting to the knight with a simple Artanis. before going back to watching the skies, the surrounding canyon and the Ziggurat for potential threats.

The robed pair near the center of the pack keep quiet converse with each other as they approach, neither speaking as of yet to the Knight. Merrick replies to Jerry in a soft, almost apathetic tone pitched so only she and perhaps the two nearest they can hear... I have never seen his like... then again, i have never known that world he and some of your friends hail from. As far as my people knew, that world was blasted into nothingness better than three centuries gone... still... there were stories... there were human Knights, but... well a human knight was said to be behind the Great Ending... so who can say if it bodes well or ill. The half-elf's hollow tone seems to take either possibility as equally acceptable.

It is Elsa who answers Sir Karl's question about the raven statue. I think it is some kind of monument to the raven... We had to destroy a few dozen undead just to get up to it, but the statue is hollow, and led to a secret area inside the Ziggurat. We spent the night there for cover, but... this whole place... It carries the ache of evil throughout it... She looks about to go on, but hesitates, looking to the rest of the group's varied responses.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Well met you all." He raises his arm in greeting, "Halflings? I am not familiar with-" He halts his words. "Ahh, I take it you are a Tallfellow?" He responds using the unfamiliar phrase, "I must apologise, I was confused, I thought I saw a pretty young woman, instead I find one strong in.. Yondalla ? Meadvillie, these are strange names, strange names indeed." Shaking his head he salutes the Gypsies, such peoples were rare, save those savages of the Plainsmen, only these were quite different.

"Adrestia of the Equaar, I am gratified to meet you, and you my good man." He salutes the other, "You look like a good man to have at your side." The reaction between the pair didn't go un-noticed, but he would deal with that at a later date.

"Waterdeep? Strange, all these strange names." He takes them all with a simple smile, the very notion of all of this was overwhelming him, relying on his training he pushes the thoughts aside for now. These people needed his aid, The Oath, he had to hold onto the Oath.

"How strange, a Monument to a Raven. Strange, most strange. Indeed fair lady, this place has the taint of evil it is foul. I have no sensed it since." He shudders, he could still sense the Dragons breath as they drove the lances deep in its body, the screams were all too real.

"Haven?" He suddenly remembers, "It fell to the Dragonarmies, but we are fighting back. A few Brave Souls, including A disgraced Knight, a Beautiful Elven Woman, a Dwarf." His eyes fall on Pyros. "And a Kender. Perhaps if they can make a difference." His words trail off, what did he mean, what could be do?
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"As we feared." Mira falls silent, then there was no reason to go home, not that she would ever be allowed to, the Mages.. "Well Sir Kbight, will you be coming with us?" Giving Elsa a small wink she holds back the giggle, he was rather easy on the eye, if somewhat serious.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Distracted while interacting with his familiar Cross shakes his head a touch.

"Greetings! A familiar sight in lost lands. I apologize, my friend has been scouting for us. I managed to escape my captor. The short story is I was trapped in an evil circus. As I was fleeing my captor I reached these mists, and happened to meet this fine group!"

He then stares off into the sky.

"Come meet the new ones."

===========////==============================

"Yeah! It was a very different place. There are these two HUGE skeletons in there that move the statue! We also dispatched these things... They are called... Goblyns" He slows down to over pronounce, as it is different than the normal Goblins he has had dealings with. "One of them really seemed to want to get to know me. He jumped up and latched on pretty good." He moves his armour to show his neck. "We roasted them pretty good. Well Cross did anyway!" He points the the White haired elf.
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

His blood heated from memories of the past, the brusque gypsy addressed the knight. "Pytor Fulcher... Many a man make their name by actions while serving their lord during war, some good, some bad. But there is no war here that I know of. Tell me what name did you have while serving your lord before your war? "Tax collector from the poor?" "Executioner of the innocent?""
"It's quite a place. A place of good times and bad, of pain and growth, but in the end a place of great hope. - But if you ever do come aboard, remember one thing: No one there is exactly what he seems. But then, who is?"- G'Kar