Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 2 Scene 4: "Descent into Darkness" (Game Thread)

Library of closed threads.

Moderator: TristenC

Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Act 2 Scene 4: "Descent into Darkness" (Game Thread)

Post by Jenara »

"You drew that?" Mira nods in appreciation, "I saw that in a dream, and look here. Upon its head was a three-gemmed crown. This Crown has power, thats what she wrote, power over deaih. Should anyone have that power?"

"We are here to find this thing, this proves we are on the right track, whatever it is.." Collecting her things she straps on the blade and hefts her crossbow, "Do your things, and lets go."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Getting out her things ready to replenish the spells not already regained, Jerry reples, "Kelemvor has dominon over Death in Faerun." Looking up at Mira she continues, "Did the writing indicate whether the 'power over death' was achieved by living forever, so Immortality? Or failure to completely die, Undeath?"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"No clue. Like most stories I expect it's written from a certain perspective. Like if you wrote the story of your life you'd slant it towards your own goals. " She explains. "That's how this reads. Power can be a terrible thing."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

Pytor hoists his pack onto his shoulder. "I'll go tend to Satâr de Ceaţă and the others while everyone finishes packing up." Giving a nod back to Jerry and a smile to both her and Mira, he heads up towards the exit. "You are both fairer and wiser than I by far. Do you think this power over death that you speak of includes power over the undead as well?"
"It's quite a place. A place of good times and bad, of pain and growth, but in the end a place of great hope. - But if you ever do come aboard, remember one thing: No one there is exactly what he seems. But then, who is?"- G'Kar
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Wise?" Mira laughs openly, still laughing as she continues, "I wish past me knew I was wise, she wouldn't have ended up in so many awkward situations." She winks to Pytor adding "Just ask Elsa how I know how to dance." Wiggling her behind as she walks away the Bard she considers the question. "It doesn't say, but I'm betting that it probably does."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"It may," answers Jerry. "Although I suspect that the nature of this place, its capacity for spite, make it more likely that it's undying undeadliness being offered rather than deific immortality. If this world is your home, my aplologies if I insult it, but I answer your question as honestly as I am able."
She settles back down to finish regaining spells.
Last edited by Chris1234 on Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Merrick recites the Armor spell, replacing Jerry's nearly expended protection. He shakes his head with regard to the regeneration. I was not injured, I suppose it is still in play...

Final preparations are made and the party is ready to move out. Pytor moves off to tend to his steed, quickly joined by Artanis and Adrestia as they do the same.

[Where to first? Was it the south passage they settled on?]
===
Merrick Casts Armor on Jerry
Jerry's magical Armor is Replaced by the new one [12/12]
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Well that was a rather eloquent way to say this place is evil." Mira replies under her breath as they begin to get ready, moving to place some items back in saddle bags as required she ensures she retains her blanket and the gypsy shawl..

"South it is, any way is better than no way at all." Talking Elsas hand she squeezes it and gets her crossbow ready..just in case"

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"Friend, are there any others in the canyon with us?" He will relay any info to the group.
=====

Pyros follows along keeping his eye out for anything. Once a direction is chosen he will try to get out ahead, and slink around in any cover.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Jerry smiiles a thank you to Merrick, knowing that they're beginning to almost share the simpler thoughts, making the words less necessary.

She sees to the horse and then waits next to Merrick while people decide which way they are to go.

======
South is fine here.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

The group circles around the Ziggurat, Pyros rushing off ahead before the others really get moving, and sneaking as best he can. He creeps along the edges of the canyon, using the rivulets and ditches to hide from any potential eyes at ground level; although there is precious little cover from anything that might fly overhead. Just as he prepares to round the bend to the southern passage, he hears movement and freezes...

Some 60 feet or so back, the rest of the party follows; leading their horses. High above, Cross' Raven familiar soars. There is something... a two-legs and a four-legs... Rather than return, Fenrir soars farther south around the area there and returns. perching on a ledge high on the cliff above and in front of the party.

As soon as Pyros prepares to peek out again, a figure comes into view... A man of middling height and in heavy armor leads his young charger out as he looks around the new canyon. He bears a gleaming, well-made longsword in his other hand, and a shield hangs across his back. His wavy chestnut hair blows lightly in the dry air as he takes in the sight of the Ziggurat, and then his eyes fall past the unnoticed Kender to the party. From the dents, gouges and blood on him, he must have been in quite a battle recently; though he bears little in the way of obvious injury.

The stranger is obviously strong, and solid as a stone. He wears a tabbard bearing a Gryphon, likely a house symbol or some such. Pyros spots lance and on the Charger's saddle. something about it all seemed very familiar... this was the kind of thing a Knight wore but... he was sure of it! This was a Knight of the Sword from Krynn!!!

===
A chance-met Knight of the Sword...

1 square = 10 feet
Attachments
Screenshot_20191215-131912_Dungeon Sketch~2.jpg
Screenshot_20191215-131912_Dungeon Sketch~2.jpg (206.81 KiB) Viewed 6118 times
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Gypsies? A child? Karl staggers back in suprise, swaying slightly on the horse he sits so proud.

"Well met Fellows." Sheaving the blade in a single motion he offers a salute. "Where is this place? Is this some foul Wizard craft? I must return home, the High Clerists tower. Sir Sturm needs my aid. Or else the world die in the flame of dragons." He calls out, catching the Silvanestis.eyes "Wherehence do you come? Your people fled, they left their homeland. They could not fight the darkness."
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

======
Does only Pyros see the lancer?
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Without thought Pyros jumps out.

"HI!YOUMUSTBEAKNIGHTOFTHESWORD!IMPYROS!IMAKENDERDOYOULIKEKENDERILOVEKENDERAREYOUHURT?YOULOOKEXHAUSTED!"
=============

"Something or someone approaches.
Fenrir says 2 legs and 4 legs."
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

A Kender? Karl's body deflates slightly, a blasted Kender. Of all the luck. He must be cursed.. that was it, he was cursed.

"Indeed I am, tired and yes i am a Knight of the Sword."