Movies

Post your poems, scriptures, stories & other written work here. If they get lots of attention, we may even post them under PADnD's content section.

Moderator: Stik

Stik
Master Scribe
Master Scribe
Favorite D&D Edition: 2nd Edition

Movies

Post by Stik »

Movies are arts, right?

Caught one last week that deserves a look. Love and Monsters.
Movie takes place ten years after a catastrophe that has caused many species to mutate into monsters. Humans have been living in small numbers in scattered underground bunkers, communicating by HAM radio. Protagonist Joel was separated from his high-school sweetheart and ten years later reconnects with her by radio, and finds out she's only 85 miles away in another bunker, so he sets out to find her, despite being completely unqualified to survive in a monster-filled world, and runs into various adventures along the way. This is a comedy that could easily have been quite stupid but managed to be entertaining because of a good script and great acting. Minnow, a little girl Joel meets on the surface, steals the show.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2222042/
"No matter where you go, there you are."
Stik
Master Scribe
Master Scribe

Re: Movies

Post by Stik »

You know how once in a great while a sequel comes out that is better than the original? I'm talking about movies like Aliens, and The Godfather: Part II, and Terminator 2. I have a new entry for the list.
I watched the original and the sequel back to back yesterday, and I highly recommend Ghostbusters: Afterlife.
It had the same goofy sense of humor as the original, but the plot was more complicated, it was better written, better acted, and had better cinematography. The original looked bright and cartoonish, whereas Afterlife was darker and more textured. And Mckenna Grace, who plays Pheobe, is amazing in her role.
Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition

Post by Cole »

I can one up that Stik ;)

I went to the movies for the first time in ages the other day with my wife. She bugged and bugged and bugged me to go see the new "Top Gun Maverick". I expected this movie to absolutely ruin my childhood memories and do a great injustice the original movie "top Gun".

Well... I left with a huge smile on my face. I dare say IT was also better than the original that I also watched before going to see this sequel. It had it ALL folks! Better script, great acting, better scenes, lots of nostalgia, tons of flash backs (even had a tear holding back in my my face at one point... eek!). A great emotional roller coaster. BEST MOVIE IN 20 YEARS!

I defiantly go see it again!
The Borg of Dungeons & Dragons
Stik
Master Scribe
Master Scribe

Post by Stik »

I'm usually late to the party on movies these days, so forgive me for this one. I just saw Free Guy.
It was awesome. If you haven't seen it, watch it tonight.
Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition

Post by Cole »

Yeah it was pretty good movie. :) I'm pretty sure I watched it twice now.... always falling asleep if I lay down :D
The Borg of Dungeons & Dragons