Gaming and the vaccine..

PlanetADnD's general chat area. Post freely in here about all non D&D related topics. Share your daily thoughts, but please keep any profanity to a minimum. *NOTE* ALL religious and/or political topics will be deleted on sight if they are not related to D&D.

Moderators: Stik, Cole

JadedDM
Guildmaster
Guildmaster
Favorite D&D Edition: 2nd Edition

Re: Gaming and the vaccine..

Post by JadedDM »

Crimson-Kobold wrote:There is a measure of concern for potential risk, and I know people with family members who have had adverse reactions. These are actual injuries, and not just "hey I can hang a spoon off my shoulder now" nonsense. Please don't dismiss their experiences.
Nearly five million people worldwide have died from COVID*. About 740k have died in my country alone. Please don't dismiss these deaths by acting like the handful of people in comparison who have suffered complications from the vaccine are any kind of equivalent.

*Not to even mention the untold numbers who got it, survived, but now suffer long term debilitating problems from it.
Crimson-Kobold
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Crimson-Kobold »

I didn't dismiss anything. Look, why is being concerned over the vaccine so absurd here? I really don't understand. These vaccines did not follow the standard approval process, there's no long term clinical data, and we don't know what the implications of how mRNA vaccines work will be. It took a decade to make the connection between Thalidomide and birth defects, and more relevant, the UK admitted years after the Swine Flu outbreak that the Swine Flu vaccine was connected to narcolepsy, just to give some examples of how long it can take to find out that a medicine could have harmful side effects.

With that, and the fact that some of the vaccines have been pulled from some countries or restricted from certain groups, how can you make the claim that they are perfectly safe? All I'm saying is that there is a level of risk involved, coupled with a lot of unknowns. Surely that is a fair statement to make, and should that not be a reasonable concern?

And saying that is not being dismissive of those who have died from covid. I really don't know why you thought it was appropriate to try to spin that around back to me when you were literally denigrating people who have suffered extreme side effects of the vaccines. I did no such thing towards those who died of covid or are suffering long term effects.
The Kobold gonna kobold.
JadedDM
Guildmaster
Guildmaster
Favorite D&D Edition: 2nd Edition

Post by JadedDM »

Listen, I am not having this argument with you. There's no point. Obviously, if you aren't going to listen to medical doctors and health experts, you aren't going to listen to me. Also, nice try, but you can't claim you are being reasonable when just a few posts ago you were ranting about all of the world's governments colluding with Big Pharma and the media. That's not 'raising concerns' that's stirring the pot. That's spreading conspiracy theories. And that is getting people killed.

I'm going to lock this thread; I don't think any good will come of it now.