Armored Combat

PlanetADnD's general chat area. Post freely in here about all non D&D related topics. Share your daily thoughts, but please keep any profanity to a minimum. *NOTE* ALL religious and/or political topics will be deleted on sight if they are not related to D&D.

Moderators: Stik, Cole

Stik
Master Scribe
Master Scribe
Favorite D&D Edition: 2nd Edition

Armored Combat

Post by Stik »

I will start by saying that this is not the same type of armored combat that I do. These guys use heavier armor, and real (although unedged) steel weapons, and are much more gung-ho than I will ever be. But this is awesome to watch.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2749465995276370
"No matter where you go, there you are."
BryantTheSwordsman
Freeman
Freeman

Re: Armored Combat

Post by BryantTheSwordsman »

We have that in the States too. It's called Armored Combat League and sometimes though compete internationally. History channel started posting all their episodes for free on YouTube for some of their fighter in a show called Knight Fight. Always fun to watch, but I'll stick to my Belegarth since it's a lot cheaper. Lol
"The Gerbil of Andor and Alera"
Stik
Master Scribe
Master Scribe

Post by Stik »

I'm in the States. I've known Andre Sinou (the Knight Fight guy) for about twenty-five years, and although I have seen the ACL stuff up close, there's no way I'm nuts enough to do it. SCA heavy combat (rattan weapons) is dangerous enough for me. No need to start bringing real weapons into the mix.
Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition

Post by Cole »

That sir is friggin awesome! I'd love to participate in that full on melee ring war... whooo!
The Borg of Dungeons & Dragons
BryantTheSwordsman
Freeman
Freeman

Post by BryantTheSwordsman »

Stik wrote:I'm in the States. I've known Andre Sinou (the Knight Fight guy) for about twenty-five years, and although I have seen the ACL stuff up close, there's no way I'm nuts enough to do it. SCA heavy combat (rattan weapons) is dangerous enough for me. No need to start bringing real weapons into the mix.
SCA looks fun. There is group a little north of me, but it's a little too expensive for me. I have to stick to my foam whacky bats.
"The Gerbil of Andor and Alera"
Stik
Master Scribe
Master Scribe

Post by Stik »

The nice thing about the SCA (at least around here, other areas may vary) is that if you are new, and want to try fighting, the local fighters are typically glad to provide loaner armor.