0.3b Features to Come!

Chat, Learn and Talk about PADnD's Live Gaming Room.

Moderator: Cole

Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition

0.3b Features to Come!

Post by Cole »

OK, onto the next phase of the game room!

Here are some upcoming features for 0.3 beta release.

My thanks to those logging on and helping me fix bugs and brainstorm. Huge thanks to Woody, Count Dracula, Natami, Conan, Megs and my wife for letting me ignore her for endless hours.

FEATURES TO COME:

- Export All Chat Log Data (this is already done, but will be released in the next version update) I've attached screens. This option for DM's will be invaluable as it allows a full export of the game log. You can choose multiple formats to. Either PDF, CSV or EXCEL. It is also 100% searchable. VERY NICE!

- HP trackers: Will be adding some sort of bar that adjusts onscreen for all players to see during the game. Update your sheet, bar will adjust so others can see your current condition.

- Group Initiative Icon. This will be some sort of icon / shield etc that will display the groups current initiative roll. For DM's (like me) that make the group roll a base init, vs opponents base init... keeps the game faster! OR B I may come up with some sort of system to show individual rolls and flag them on each PC. Still thinking on this one. Whatever it is, it will be fast, no BS for the DM to keep track of. ;)

- Mini Av bar; This will probably combine with the HP counter above to show status.

- Game Types; Will allow the DM to switch between AD&D, 3E and 5E and other RPG.

I've attached the Exporter screen below showing it in action.
Attachments
screen29.jpg
screen29.jpg (97.64 KiB) Viewed 9179 times
The Borg of Dungeons & Dragons
Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster

Re: 0.3b Features to Come!

Post by Cole »

Added a new mini box which shows the HP of all players. The DM can see this box as well. Thanks for the idea Woody ;)

This box can be moved to whatever location you prefer. Mouse over shows exact HP, otherwise bar graph displays % base of full HP.
Attachments
screen30.jpg
screen30.jpg (18.53 KiB) Viewed 9142 times
New Hegdeh
Merchant
Merchant
Favorite D&D Edition: 2nd Edition

Post by New Hegdeh »

I want to try it but I am afraid that I have to choose a name without even knowing what character I would be playing and with whom, I mean, I assume it exists to play online but I don't know who I would play with and... Well, I just don't understand the mechanics...
Every minute is a year of struggle
Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Cole »

You just need to have a DM/GM they log in and run a game just like they were sitting at a table. We use skype so there is almost no typing unless you need to send a PM to a player or DM.

I'm already finding most people are very private and are to scared to even test the room. Sad thing indeed.