Features Wanted - Public Debate Open

Chat, Learn and Talk about PADnD's Live Gaming Room.

Moderator: Cole

Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition

Re: Features Wanted - Public Debate Open

Post by Cole »

TristenC wrote:I do love playing live with friends online, it's just...

Haha my friend...this is why I'm making this room. So you can play with whoever has YOUR schedule.

I'll be looking for some DMs to test this room soon and run a live game. If your willing to run...I'll be available. I have no life atm :charge
The Borg of Dungeons & Dragons
Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition

Re: Features Wanted - Public Debate Open

Post by Cole »

TristenC wrote:For real time gaming on a site i think the greatest boons are shared map, shared voice and the ability to do die rolls on the fly. Frankly anything else in a site like that is extra to me and not likely to be used (aside from maybe 'whisper' posts to the DM).

Tragically, schedule is the enemy of all in live-online play; hence my newfound love of pbp
My thoughts to TristenC, but I have noticed one thing in life as a D&Der/ web-deisgner and coder. People always want more and if the options aren't there, it's highly unlikely to get any attention at all.

I'm competing with other VTT's that are sponsored or use gaming engines to run... so mine is going to have to offer something very special just to get users/fans.

But like you, what I need is already in the gameroom. It's more than enough, even the DM's that were on yesterday mentioned that to me. Beta 0.2b is open to the public now. I'm focusing on smaller things now, cleaning up code, moving bubbles around trying to make everything functional and fast!
The Borg of Dungeons & Dragons