Dungeon Robber

PlanetADnD's general chat area. Post freely in here about all non D&D related topics. Share your daily thoughts, but please keep any profanity to a minimum. *NOTE* ALL religious and/or political topics will be deleted on sight if they are not related to D&D.

Moderators: Stik, Cole

JadedDM
Guildmaster
Guildmaster
Favorite D&D Edition: 2nd Edition

Dungeon Robber

Post by JadedDM »

If you're stuck at home in the quarantine and looking for something to do, one of my players found this.

From the website:

"The very first single-player dungeoncrawl game was not a video game. It was a series of charts printed in the first edition of Dungeons and Dragons, back in 1979. By rolling dice according to the instructions, you could generate a dungeon which was illogical, arbitrary, super-lethal, and which often didn't even produce usable results.

THIS GAME USES THOSE CHARTS.

In this cruel dungeoncrawl game, you're a hapless explorer trying to survive the infinite twists, turns, traps, treasures, and terrors programmed by D&D designed Gary Gygax 35 years ago. I've tweaked the original D&D rules for the purposes of the game, but faithfully preserved every bizarre or banal detail of the original dungeon-creation charts."

So far I've tried it twice. First character didn't even make it to the second level of the dungeon, died to a skeleton. Second character made it to the second level and is still alive so far.

Anyway, enjoy.
Lukafio
Artisan
Artisan
Favorite D&D Edition: BECMI / RC

Re: Dungeon Robber

Post by Lukafio »

Oh wow ... I think I might recall this. I'm going to have to dig in my storage and find mine. Of course I'll have to explore this link you have graciously shared.
:mage "Some terrifying space monkeys maybe got loose?"
JadedDM
Guildmaster
Guildmaster
Favorite D&D Edition: 2nd Edition

Post by JadedDM »

Let us know how far you get. I still hope to one day live long enough to level up a character.
Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition

Post by Cole »

Lol. Very cool. I'll give her a go.
The Borg of Dungeons & Dragons
rredmond
Peddler
Peddler
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition

Post by rredmond »

I have enjoyed this game many times in the past, and somewhat recently. It is a time suck though, be forewarned. :D
http://www.unseenservant.us
for Play by Post gaming!