Renaissance Fair D&D

PlanetADnD's general chat area. Post freely in here about all non D&D related topics. Share your daily thoughts, but please keep any profanity to a minimum. *NOTE* ALL religious and/or political topics will be deleted on sight if they are not related to D&D.

Moderators: Stik, Cole

JadedDM
Guildmaster
Guildmaster
Favorite D&D Edition: 2nd Edition

Renaissance Fair D&D

Post by JadedDM »

There's a local Ren faire not far from where I live every summer, and I've noticed that in the past couple of years, they've had a tent set up for playing D&D. They have several tables where you can sit down, grab a character sheet and start playing (they have a DM for each table). They also sell D&D stuff, like books, dice, dice towers, and miniatures.

Seems like a good idea. I have to imagine D&D fans and Ren faire fans have a lot of crossover. Kind of surprising they haven't been doing this sort of thing long before now.
Lukafio
Artisan
Artisan
Favorite D&D Edition: BECMI / RC

Re: Renaissance Fair D&D

Post by Lukafio »

I want to move to your area. If I could do both, it would be awesome. :mage

Imagine being in faire garb as your character and then acting out an action. :viking: Oh wait, that is LARPing. :thumbs:
:mage "Some terrifying space monkeys maybe got loose?"
garhkal
Baronet
Baronet

Post by garhkal »

Where's that Ren fair at?? And how does one generally find where they are held?
JadedDM
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by JadedDM »

The one I am referring to is the Washington Midsummer Renaissance Faire. They have it every August for three weekends.

And I saw a few people dressed up at the D&D tent. I remember a woman dressed as a tiefling, and another dressed as an elf.
Lukafio
Artisan
Artisan
Favorite D&D Edition: BECMI / RC

Post by Lukafio »

We have one opening after Labor Day. It is the Northern California Renaissance Faire and it runs into October.

Hey garhkal, try a quick Google search. Use your key words to adjust for location and time of year.
:mage "Some terrifying space monkeys maybe got loose?"
Meph
Peddler
Peddler
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st & 2nd Edition

Post by Meph »

Our local Ren Faire is quite large and runs most of the summer. We took the kids a couple weeks ago and my wife commented that there is a huge missed opportunity there with the lack of D&D going on. You have the perfect crowd for it yet there are no vendors selling stuff and no games going on.

http://www.sterlingfestival.com/