Found Bugs and other bits

Forum for our dedicated NWN server. Server IP and instructions all within these topics.

Moderator: Cole

IvanZecat
Peasant
Peasant
Favorite D&D Edition: 3rd edition

Found Bugs and other bits

Post by IvanZecat »

Hello folks! Thanks for sorting out my registration issues. I've played a bit on the server, and have accumulated some notes!

I've been killed by my own hired Torch Bearer when breaking into a house before. Some loyalty, heh.

Rari's Rat House in Argoria has a broken entrance transition.

Twice now I've managed to get stuck inside a building when I broke in, as the exit transition is missing. In both cases it was a Middle Class building in Argoria. Some times the same interior will be used for more than one exterior door (ie: a house on the outside has the same contents [npcs, placeables, etc] as a completely different house in a town.) The specific area in this case appears to be Middle class 9.

I've gotten trapped on top of a tower at the southern gate of the first city on trying to use that transition.

Is there any chance of a stuck command or widget to teleport oneself somewhere for the cases where one gets stuck digging around?

I've been made hostile to the Commoner faction by killing a turkey which presumably had the wrong faction.

What is the function of the 'Live Forge' placeable in the CNR crafting system? I know it locks on walking away, but doesn't seem to modify anything I put into it.

I've noticed that some times I do not gain experience when I kill an enemy that is moderately far away. Is there any chance this 'Minimum kill distance' could be adjusted? It is a rough time for archers currently.

Thanks for your time, I'll make sure to continue the feedback.
Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition

Re: Found Bugs and other bits

Post by Cole »

Hi IvanZecat! Welcome to the site :)
IvanZecat wrote:Hello folks! Thanks for sorting out my registration issues. I've played a bit on the server, and have accumulated some notes!
IvanZecat wrote: I've been killed by my own hired Torch Bearer when breaking into a house before. Some loyalty, heh.
Yeah I've been working on that for ages now. Seems like someone or something always wants to kill a friendly for that. Even the guards beat on each other sometimes. I'll give that another shot asap.
IvanZecat wrote: Rari's Rat House in Agoria has a broken entrance transition.
Odd, was just in there a few days ago. I'll fix it for next patch. Thanks
IvanZecat wrote: Twice now I've managed to get stuck inside a building when I broke in, as the exit transition is missing. In both cases it was a Middle Class building in Argoria. Some times the same interior will be used for more than one exterior door (ie: a house on the outside has the same contents [npcs, placeables, etc] as a completely different house in a town.) The specific area in this case appears to be Middle class 9.
Yeah I was afraid that might happen, thus why I added the number 9 behind that area (for bug reports). I'll have a look at that again. It's a pretty complex system and I may have missing something.
IvanZecat wrote: I've gotten trapped on top of a tower at the southern gate of the first city on trying to use that transition.
I was pretty sure I fixed that issue by putting a transition on the top of it. Apparently not... I'll try again :up:
IvanZecat wrote: Is there any chance of a stuck command or widget to teleport oneself somewhere for the cases where one gets stuck digging around?
At this time no. I'm trying to avoid that as people often use that sort of item to cheat (free teleports), but it may be the inevitable.
IvanZecat wrote: I've been made hostile to the Commoner faction by killing a turkey which presumably had the wrong faction.
Never seen that happen ever, but I guess it could. The faction of all tame animals is "commoner" while aggressive ones are hostile. I think that may have happened because of a new script I just put in to make PC's non-hostile to hostiles in certain instances. I'll remove that for now. thanks
IvanZecat wrote: What is the function of the 'Live Forge' placeable in the CNR crafting system? I know it locks on walking away, but doesn't seem to modify anything I put into it.
No function. It's there as a trash can. If you throw something in it... it should be destroyed instantly, just like a trash can. Apparently it's broken though eh? I'll fix that.
IvanZecat wrote: I've noticed that some times I do not gain experience when I kill an enemy that is moderately far away. Is there any chance this 'Minimum kill distance' could be adjusted? It is a rough time for archers currently.
Yeah the new XP system has a limit on distances. I can adjust that and will for archers. ;)
IvanZecat wrote: Thanks for your time, I'll make sure to continue the feedback.
No problem. Thanks for YOUR time and reports. Makes a better world for all of us. :thumbs:
The Borg of Dungeons & Dragons
Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition

Post by Cole »

IvanZecat wrote:
No problem. Thanks for YOUR time and reports. Makes a better world for all of us. :thumbs:

Always happy to help. I've been looking for a server to mess around in for a while and am happy to have found this one. I do miss the old days when the NWN server list had hundreds of servers full of active people and DMs.

I'd be happy to pay a modest fee and be teleported elsewhere if it meant I didn't have to stop playing that character until the next reset. I think I saw a rod of random teleportation somewhere, but it was way too expensive for my just-starting-out rogue. Maybe some potions with the same random teleport function, they'd definitely be cheaper.

Are there CNR tools in place for Gem cutting and leatherworking/sewing? I haven't seen any in the exploring I've done. I also haven't found any gem deposits, come to think of it. Just a handful of Mystery Minerals from mining.

Also, I found out where that 'fake' skinning knife comes from, it's the camp where the Gnoll Leader spawns (for that farm quest). One of the treasure containers has it, and if I recall correctly three torches as well.
Give me a few days to think on the teleport thingy. The Rods are one of the most prized items on the server and I don't want to make them undesirable. One of the players already managed to acquire one. He'd be pissed if I simply gave that power away now in a potion. I fixed that door issue now anyway ;)

ALL CNR tools are in place. You can find them randomly at stores across the land here and there or you can purchase any of them in Agoria at the tradeskill center :)

Mineral deposits are usually hidden well, deep in caves etc. OR in Mines (which are caves). You'll find em sooner or later :up:

I removed the fake skinning knife and replaced it with a working one. ;)
The Borg of Dungeons & Dragons
IvanZecat
Peasant
Peasant

Post by IvanZecat »

Dye Kit does not affect cloaks (probably old version of dye kit script).

Town Guards still dislike if you help fight off Bormite Invasion in Barnweal.
Bormite Invasion quest appears not completable (4 riders spawn, plus ladder, but nothing else?)

Inn/Tavern entrance transition in Kanantia is broken. {future addon}

Asked my Follower to level up as Bard only, and they still spent a level as a sorceror. {I'll explain that in a separate post}

Lost Hills has a missing transition in a cave near the Termite Mounds:
Missing Transition Lost Hills.jpg
Missing Transition Lost Hills.jpg (152.59 KiB) Viewed 78938 times
IvanZecat
Peasant
Peasant

Post by IvanZecat »

Many transitions in the Wintry zones north of the Capitol city do not have map nodes, and many of the arrow signposts have no name/description. {working on it}

Wasp cave no downstairs transition (maybe room for expansion?) {yes, future expansion maybe}

Requesting 'Tell me about the area' to reveal map in towns, if asked of a guard. Maybe later on a cartographer NPC selling a single item to auto-map areas you have mapped for him. {Some maps already clear areas when purcahsed or found, but yeah... that's doable. :)}

Dead Transition by Black Forest Bandit chest (Bryn South Western Region) {yes, future expansion area}

Fields of Odin: Lomion Kler still refuses to sell me any goods: "Now don't be greedy Merry. You get another chance some other day, but not today. Fairwell. " {fixed}

:pos:
IvanZecat
Peasant
Peasant

Post by IvanZecat »

Lassos currently don't have a HP check active. You can use them on henchmen. {fixed}

No Key drops in Illthid Lair Entry, maybe missing from Psion Golem's drops?

Crash causing trigger in Tomb of Isles Juggernaut room. {fixed}

Planetar henchman drops his creature items on death (skin, claws, etc). Maybe he needs a bit of a buff. {fixed}

Mammons Nightmare is not tameable, it actually belongs to the Hostile Faction. Might be intentional, but if so the horse could be a bit tougher. {fixed} , now a unicorn ;)

Lost Mines Drow Temple: 1 of the upstairs doors leads to Elspir with no return transition, the other leads to a new area in the temple. Neither is marked. Maybe intentional. Probably not though, since the other door in that area leads to said transition.{fixed}

Tomb of Acerak Treasure Chamber: Minot the Efreet's conversation does not work. He simply won't talk, when freed. (from the urn){fixed}

Rod Of Random Teleportation appears to have been removed from all stores.{fixed}
IvanZecat
Peasant
Peasant

Post by IvanZecat »

Midot still not talkable. {can't seem to get it working}

JAARNARVIA Frey's Pass - Dead transition at entrance to cave with yeti tracks. {on purpose}

Requesting sweet fish club as rare drop from fishing. Or rare yeti drop. {whata mean?}

Requesting 1/day reset at scheduled time maybe? {done! 3AM resets}

Random teleport rod sometimes teleport's you to same location you are in, I've had 3 in a row before. Quite possible to get stuck in Friendall tower level 3, if you run out of charges and don't know the right way to exit. {well it is random ;) lol} but yeah I'll update that soon
Ajcshifter
Peasant
Peasant
Favorite D&D Edition: 3rd Edition

Post by Ajcshifter »

The adventurers pack doesnt seen to be giving its 40% reduction for weight {can't seem to get it working}
IvanZecat
Peasant
Peasant

Post by IvanZecat »

The adventurers pack weighs only .6 pounds. It is not a bag of holding, rather the base weight of the item (container 1 pound) is reduced by 40%, So an empty adventurer's pack weighs .6 pounds. There are bags of holding (and lesser bags) to buy though, in other stores.
Ajcshifter
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Ajcshifter »

Bag of gold from fishing is always empty.
Not sure if im miss reading the starting info, but my characters con and wis are both +2 but i have only the one life?

{Souls/Lives are based on your WIS and CON totals together, the base + the base}
Ajcshifter
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Ajcshifter »

Is a campfire supposed to be something i get from fishing? And i cant break them?

{not sure what you mean, you don't get a campfire from fishing unless you build one. Since it's useable, it's probably breakable}
Last edited by Ajcshifter on Sat May 11, 2019 12:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IvanZecat
Peasant
Peasant

Post by IvanZecat »

Seems Henchmen can't level up even if they get enough exp to. {Yeah that's never worked, I might be able to fix that though ;)}

Both cohorts (my loyal follower won't go past 37) and regular henchmen. Option lacked in conversation to force them to level up.

{They cap out 4 levels less than you..ALWAYS, so they can't go beyond that due to the hard capped 40th level in NWN}

The giant worm of the Ice Mountain has no drops. Might be intentional, though. That sucker has a lot of HP.

{yeah I'll give it some drops asap as it should have some considering it eats people whole}
Ajcshifter
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Ajcshifter »

While using the fishing rod, one of the things that happens once it does its roll for skill, is spawns a campfire at your feet, similar to the empy bag of gold. Flavor text states "The campfire is warm and ready"

Found an arcane climbing rope but can't get it to work
Ridgers
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Ridgers »

What fishing rod are you talking about? Or is there only one?
Ajcshifter
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Ajcshifter »

gaseous vampires block exit at level 3 crypts of peril