Arkuth PW - Constructive Criticism Posts Only!

Forum for our dedicated NWN server. Server IP and instructions all within these topics.

Moderator: Cole

Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition

Arkuth PW - Constructive Criticism Posts Only!

Post by Cole »

Hey all,

So I thought I would sticky a new topic here for constructive crit. Hopefully we are doing a hell of a job and there isn't much to fix now, but we would appreciate those brave enough to speak up, to just that.

If there is something I could do to make this online world more fun, more exciting, new feature, etc. Please feel free to post it here. I can only do so much, but I feel we can always do and add more :)

Cheers

Cole (Arkuth)
The Borg of Dungeons & Dragons
Crasez58
Merchant
Merchant
Favorite D&D Edition: 2nd Edition

Re: Arkuth PW - Constructive Criticism Posts Only!

Post by Crasez58 »

I know its alot of editing but some of the chat menus that I have see so far dont have a [leave] option would there be anyway to fix that? Also interesting choice of monster in the mines outside of the starting town almost messed me up bad
The single most dangerous thing in all of Krynn is to hear a Kender say "oops".
Extraneous
Peasant
Peasant
Favorite D&D Edition: 3rd Edition

Post by Extraneous »

New player, very impressed so far! Just thought I'd share some things from other PW that I found helpful/useful, see if they are of interest here.

PC emote wand, was helpful for a bunch of things, but most of all for the Follow PC command. As a wizard, I spent time organizing spell slots, inventory, and role playing, and didn't have to keep clicking where to go, I just trotted along behind the party leader. Very handy. Maybe that logic could be added to the existing voice commands?

Another PW had changed the BAB progression for rogues to be +1/level so they weren't always forced to multiclass with a fighter type. Or make shadow dancer +1/level to encourage more levels instead of just one like is usually done in most builds.

Another thing that I've seen to encourage party team work was to give all members full xp for party kills, but at a ratio of the levels. That kept parties of equal characters, not a high level rapid leveling lowers. So two level fives would get full experience each, but a level 9 and a level one would get vastly uneven xp. Just a thought, it really encouraged partying up instead of trying to solo.

Still trying to figure out where to level up as a newbie, everything kills you pretty fast at level one. (Never mind, found turkeys.) Also, is there a way to teleport to party leader?
Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Cole »

Crasez58 wrote:I know its alot of editing but some of the chat menus that I have see so far dont have a [leave] option would there be anyway to fix that? Also interesting choice of monster in the mines outside of the starting town almost messed me up bad

Yeah that annoys me to, I've slowly been fixing those, but I have to edit one at a time :(
Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Cole »

Extraneous wrote:New player, very impressed so far! Just thought I'd share some things from other PW that I found helpful/useful, see if they are of interest here.

PC emote wand, was helpful for a bunch of things, but most of all for the Follow PC command. As a wizard, I spent time organizing spell slots, inventory, and role playing, and didn't have to keep clicking where to go, I just trotted along behind the party leader. Very handy. Maybe that logic could be added to the existing voice commands?

Another PW had changed the BAB progression for rogues to be +1/level so they weren't always forced to multiclass with a fighter type. Or make shadow dancer +1/level to encourage more levels instead of just one like is usually done in most builds.

Another thing that I've seen to encourage party team work was to give all members full xp for party kills, but at a ratio of the levels. That kept parties of equal characters, not a high level rapid leveling lowers. So two level fives would get full experience each, but a level 9 and a level one would get vastly uneven xp. Just a thought, it really encouraged partying up instead of trying to solo.

Still trying to figure out where to level up as a newbie, everything kills you pretty fast at level one. (Never mind, found turkeys.) Also, is there a way to teleport to party leader?
Hey Ex,

I removed the PC emote wand as after years of building I found it pretty much useless ... to follow a PC, you just have to right click on them and hit barter (that's how they made that happen for the wand). Just don't get to close, or the barter screen pops up ;)

I won't be changing the BAB for rogues, two of the best PC's on the server and the highest one are rogues... it's already caters to them to much ;) you'll discover that soon :)

Just added a custom XP system a while back, but it's got some flaws to, I'll fix those once I get a chance. :)

Enjoy the game ...
Extraneous
Peasant
Peasant
Favorite D&D Edition: 3rd Edition

Post by Extraneous »

I've also noticed that a lot of the chests are inaccessible due to their orientation. Not sure if that's on purpose? If you sneak into a house there is usually a chest but it's facing the wall and you cannot open them.

If possible, I'd love to vote getting a PC Follow command working again. Perhaps not everyone uses it, but I know I would like to have that feature reinstated if at all doable. It's a little thing, but it's handy.

Also, it would be good to flag that the server has custom item level restrictions because that isn't obvious from the server listing. It's kind of frustrating to have or buy items that you aren't aware you cannot use until after you've found/bought them.
Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Cole »

Hummm, good point. That ILR was scripted for some reason... I can't remember why but yeah. I'll add that to the Journal's Server rules notes ASAP