NWN Arkuth - Feb 2019 Jousting Screenshots and Overview!

Forum for our dedicated NWN server. Server IP and instructions all within these topics.

Moderator: Cole

Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition

NWN Arkuth - Feb 2019 Jousting Screenshots and Overview!

Post by Cole »

OK, this feat was to HUGE not to post. I'll start off by saying the Official campaign has jousting, but it's not multi-player and it's definitely not as involved as ours. It took me over a week straight of coding to get the jousting smooth, reliable and accurate to what happens in a real joust. I made a custom scoring script, custom Squire to help decorate your steeds and about 15 other custom scripts to make this an expandable system in the near future. It's super fun and the competitions are tight. Building a character to joust is not going to be easy, as you need to consider multiple factors and this PC will truly be a knight when your done.

I'll be posting a jousting session on youtube soon and will explain in detail how it all works, but for now, let's just say you need to focus on a PC that can wear heavy armor, wield a lance, helmet and shield. Then your skill selection needs to focus on the "Riding skill" and "Concentration"... after that, it's pretty much random dice rolls, strategy and luck that will lead you to victory or embarrass you in defeat! Here are a few screen shots of the jousting area.
Attachments
jousting5.jpg
jousting5.jpg (262.53 KiB) Viewed 23399 times
jousting3.jpg
jousting3.jpg (250.38 KiB) Viewed 23399 times
jousting2.jpg
jousting2.jpg (256.21 KiB) Viewed 23399 times
jousting1.jpg
jousting1.jpg (258.73 KiB) Viewed 23399 times
The Borg of Dungeons & Dragons