Warhammer: Age of Sigmar

PlanetADnD's general chat area. Post freely in here about all non D&D related topics. Share your daily thoughts, but please keep any profanity to a minimum. *NOTE* ALL religious and/or political topics will be deleted on sight if they are not related to D&D.

Moderators: Stik, Cole

TigerStripedDog
Marshall
Marshall
Favorite D&D Edition: 5th Edition

Warhammer: Age of Sigmar

Post by TigerStripedDog »

Just curious if anyone else in here played the new system? I love Games Workshop art and lore - have always used it as an inspiration for my homebrew campaigns. I am finally stepping up and getting into the hobby, was wondering what you all thought about it if you played.

Tiger
*unreadable scribble*
Lyrwik
Peddler
Peddler
Favorite D&D Edition: AD&D 2nd Ed

Re: Warhammer: Age of Sigmar

Post by Lyrwik »

I haven't played Age of Sigmar. I previously played Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, and they are fun games. However, I've all but given up on them (or at least on WH Fantasy) since they discontinued it to shift to Age of Sigmar.
rredmond
Peddler
Peddler
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition

Post by rredmond »

The only thing I know about Warhammer is the PbPs I lurk over at Unseen Servant. I think we have a 1E game going and a 4E game just starting up. I don't think either of them are Age of SIgmar though. Is that the newest iteration?
http://www.unseenservant.us
for Play by Post gaming!
Lyrwik
Peddler
Peddler
Favorite D&D Edition: AD&D 2nd Ed

Post by Lyrwik »

rredmond wrote:The only thing I know about Warhammer is the PbPs I lurk over at Unseen Servant. I think we have a 1E game going and a 4E game just starting up. I don't think either of them are Age of SIgmar though. Is that the newest iteration?
Age of Sigmar is the current iteration of the tabletop game. It's quite different to the previous versions and seems to no longer be about block troops and formation tactics.