Calling Cole...tech support

PlanetADnD's general chat area. Post freely in here about all non D&D related topics. Share your daily thoughts, but please keep any profanity to a minimum. *NOTE* ALL religious and/or political topics will be deleted on sight if they are not related to D&D.

Moderators: Stik, Cole

Halaster-Blackcloak
Knight
Knight
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition

Calling Cole...tech support

Post by Halaster-Blackcloak »

Cole, the Back In Print forums (http://www.undermountain.org/forums/)were fine yesterday, then today this error comes up:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function set_magic_quotes_runtime() in /home2/undermou/public_html/forums/common.php:29 Stack trace: #0 /home2/undermou/public_html/forums/index.php(26): include() #1 {main} thrown in /home2/undermou/public_html/forums/common.php on line 29

And the newer forum (http://www.undermountain.org/Forum3/phpBB3/) comes back with this error:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

mysql_connect function does not exist, is mysql extension installed? []

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

Any clue what that means? Tech support at Hostmonster is spotty at best. :roll:
Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster

Re: Calling Cole...tech support

Post by Cole »

The person in charge of editing the pages needs to be contacted ;)

but the error is caused because the MYSQL database is not connecting to the pages. They need to open his code and correct the MYSQL options so that those pages can communicate again with his database ;)

It will look like something like this;

$dbhost = 'ip address goes here';
$dbport = 'dbport'';
$dbname = 'dbname';
$dbuser = 'usernamehere';
$dbpasswd = 'dbpassword';

If those aren't ALL correct, it wont connect period ;)
The Borg of Dungeons & Dragons
Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Cole »

Those forums are self configuring. Just go to the index page and follow along, fill in the data as asked and it will work ;)
Halaster-Blackcloak
Knight
Knight

Post by Halaster-Blackcloak »

Thanks Cole! I called tech support when I realized they'd done a PHP update. Got them to fix it, so we're up and running! :thumbs:
Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Cole »

Right on!

Yeah that's why I try to avoid updates on anything PHP related... things tend to go to shit :lol:
New Hegdeh
Merchant
Merchant
Favorite D&D Edition: 2nd Edition

Post by New Hegdeh »

The mage test is also with some problems, it doesn't display the pictures. I only know I got spirit mage because that was the broken image's link.

EDIT: And the ability test has some missing images. I was too lazy to do the strength test but I was trying to be sincere in the constitution, intelligence and wisdom tests (and maybe charisma too) but some pictures were blank and they were what the question was about.
Every minute is a year of struggle