Best Wife Ever!

PlanetADnD's general chat area. Post freely in here about all non D&D related topics. Share your daily thoughts, but please keep any profanity to a minimum. *NOTE* ALL religious and/or political topics will be deleted on sight if they are not related to D&D.

Moderators: Stik, Cole

Meph
Peddler
Peddler
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st & 2nd Edition

Best Wife Ever!

Post by Meph »

Tomorrow is my birthday but today is game day, so the wife decided that I needed to get my gifts a day early. What better than a Polyresin Dragon head to mount in the game room and beer for game night! I am going to hand paint the head once I figure out exactly what color scheme I want to use and get a taxidermy wall mount for it. As for the beer...i'm gonna drink it!

She said there is another gift on the way but it didn't arrive in time. I think it's also gaming related. While I can't seem to get her to play with us, she gets pretty involved in my out of game activities (game room, mini painting, terrain building). Hopefully eventually I can get her in game with us too.

JadedDM
Guildmaster
Guildmaster
Favorite D&D Edition: 2nd Edition

Re: Best Wife Ever!

Post by JadedDM »

Nice! And happy birthday!
Billy_Buttcheese
Peddler
Peddler
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition

Post by Billy_Buttcheese »

Very cool. Must be nice to have such an understanding spouse. While mine has less than zero interest in gaming, at least she's letting me have my own big game room when we move soon. Of course, that room will also have to double as my stereo cave as well but I'm fine with that. Make sure you provide us with pics of the finished and mounted version. Oh, enjoy the beverages as well.
Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Cole »

Yes, happy b-day Meph! That's a great wife indeed!
The Borg of Dungeons & Dragons
TigerStripedDog
Marshall
Marshall
Favorite D&D Edition: 5th Edition

Post by TigerStripedDog »

That is awesome Meph, and indeed, happy birthday! I have a wife just like that - she makes treats for us, helps me get things prepped, and is understanding of the days when I have to take over the basement (it is a play room for the children most of the time).

Tiger
*unreadable scribble*
Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Cole »

Opposite here. My wife calls us losers, makes fun of us heading down to the dungeon and makes sure to tell her friends she married a geek :lol: .... do I give a fuck? ...ummm no. One day she shall come to the dark side! :twisted:
Meph
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Meph »

Cole wrote:Opposite here. My wife calls us losers, makes fun of us heading down to the dungeon and makes sure to tell her friends she married a geek :lol: .... do I give a fuck? ...ummm no. One day she shall come to the dark side! :twisted:
That's a bit depressing!
Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Cole »

Meph wrote:
Cole wrote:Opposite here. My wife calls us losers, makes fun of us heading down to the dungeon and makes sure to tell her friends she married a geek :lol: .... do I give a fuck? ...ummm no. One day she shall come to the dark side! :twisted:
That's a bit depressing!
Not really... I'm of the ilk of those who don't give a fuck. But it would be nice I guess.
Halaster-Blackcloak
Knight
Knight

Post by Halaster-Blackcloak »

Cole wrote:
Opposite here. My wife calls us losers, makes fun of us heading down to the dungeon and makes sure to tell her friends she married a geek :lol: .... do I give a fuck? ...ummm no. One day she shall come to the dark side!
Tell her that if she learns the game she can be the DM and make all the rules and decisions. Women love that! :lol:
Stik
Master Scribe
Master Scribe

Post by Stik »

On the subject of awesome wives, I humbly submit an incident that took place a few weeks ago.
Kath and I took a trip to New Orleans for our 20th wedding anniversary.

About two weeks before the trip, she pointed out that the AirBnB we would be staying at on 4/28 did not have a TV, so I wouldn't be able to watch Game of Thrones (I should point out that although I watch GoT every week, she is not a fan of anything fantasy- or medieval-oriented, and the only GoT she's ever seen is when she walks past the living room while I'm watching it). Then she showed me an ad for a GoT watching party at this local pub, with the show on a big projection screen, and asked if I would like to go. So of course I said yes.

The bar was a small local place, with about maybe 60 seats, but every seat was filled and there were maybe 20 more people standing. And we sat there in the dark, a bunch of strangers, and watched the battle of Winterfell. Watching GoT among a large group of fans was a completely different experience than watching in my living room. I was thrilled.

The flip side of this was that my wife, who doesn't like fantasy movies/TV shows at all, got her first experience with GoT in a pub so packed she couldn't get to the bar, and watched an episode that was all combat, and all so dark it was barely visible, and was bored to death for 82 minutes.
"No matter where you go, there you are."
RPG Dinosaur
Merchant
Merchant
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition, with some 2nd

Post by RPG Dinosaur »

Stik wrote: The flip side of this was that my wife, who doesn't like fantasy movies/TV shows at all, got her first experience with GoT in a pub so packed she couldn't get to the bar, and watched an episode that was all combat, and all so dark it was barely visible, and was bored to death for 82 minutes.
And even before this she has indulged your D&D hobby for all these years. As you say, awesome!
_Matt_
rredmond
Peddler
Peddler

Post by rredmond »

RPG Dinosaur wrote:
Stik wrote: The flip side of this was that my wife, who doesn't like fantasy movies/TV shows at all, got her first experience with GoT in a pub so packed she couldn't get to the bar, and watched an episode that was all combat, and all so dark it was barely visible, and was bored to death for 82 minutes.
And even before this she has indulged your D&D hobby for all these years. As you say, awesome!
Yup! Doubly awesome!! My wife tried to play a couple times but mainly yells advice from the kitchen as I DM my four daughters (17, 15, 12, 8 ) - now the two oldest have DMed a bit. And have gotten us into 5E.... shudder. But that's a great story Stik!!
Last edited by rredmond on Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.unseenservant.us
for Play by Post gaming!
Meph
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Meph »

Well my Daughter has decided she needs to be part of the awesome also. She asked me if she could start mini and terrain painting with me. So we decided to start small....I gave her a Wizards Tower to paint while I painted a Kraken. Both piece I 3D printed. I instructed her on the steps to follow but she painted this 100% by herself. I have a new painting partner now.

And just in case you wanted to see my Kraken...

JadedDM
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by JadedDM »

She did a great job. Probably better than I could have done myself, even.
rredmond
Peddler
Peddler

Post by rredmond »

JadedDM wrote:She did a great job. Probably better than I could have done myself, even.
Definitely better than me! We need a LIKE button. Or at lest an “aw” button for that post. :)
http://www.unseenservant.us
for Play by Post gaming!