Chronicles of Trini Kurtz

Forum for our dedicated NWN server. Server IP and instructions all within these topics.

Moderator: Cole

Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition

Re: Chronicles of Trini Kurtz

Post by Cole »

:lol: yah that mouse is tough to hit... but it's doable! Let me know when you get it ;)
The Borg of Dungeons & Dragons
JadedDM
Guildmaster
Guildmaster
Favorite D&D Edition: 2nd Edition

Post by JadedDM »

Day 09: That Was Quick

Not much to report tonight. I saw there was an update for Barnweal, so decided to go check it out. I found a forbidden forest there. Not sure if that's new or if I just never noticed it before. But regardless, I rode inside...and was very quickly killed by an ettercap and some kind of giant spider. Lost over 2,000 XP and respawned back at Elspir. Decided to turn in my horse and call it a night. Guess I should try coming back there much, much later.
Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Cole »

how did you lose 2000 xp...you only lose 50/level, unless a follower dies as well. Do you have a follower Trini?
JadedDM
Guildmaster
Guildmaster
Favorite D&D Edition: 2nd Edition

Post by JadedDM »

I thought you said you automatically go back to the minimum XP for your current level?
Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Cole »

Oh that... yeah I forgot you were over your CON limit. Yeah that's correct then. I just forgot you are in the same situation as me and several others. My buddy lost 11,000 the other night. That's hurts, but it's better than being erased or having an unusable character. ;)

Wait till you get a follower and they die, and you die. Then you lose that + follower XP loss.

It seems a tad unfair at first... but we decided those punishments are actually quite appropriate based on what you have done. IE you have squandered your lives AND/OR you are voluntarily killing off what would be technically your best friend in the world (pushing them into dangers they cannot overcome etc).

We have been discussing the death penalty though for CON exceeders such as yourself and at much higher levels it's quite a devastating punishment. We might change that penalty to 500 xp / level. But only because once your at a high level and everything only gives you a small amount of xp / kill... it's hugely time consuming to regain ALL of that back. At lower levels losing 4 -8k is frustrating but not maddening.

So someone at 1st level would lose 500 xp
5th level would be 2,500 xp
10th level would be 5,000 xp
20th level would be 10,000 xp