Xwing miniatures game, who plays??

PlanetADnD's general chat area. Post freely in here about all non D&D related topics. Share your daily thoughts, but please keep any profanity to a minimum. *NOTE* ALL religious and/or political topics will be deleted on sight if they are not related to D&D.

Moderators: Stik, Cole

garhkal
Baronet
Baronet
Favorite D&D Edition: 2nd Edition

Xwing miniatures game, who plays??

Post by garhkal »

So, who here plays the Xwing miniature game?
When you got into it, did you start small, with the core set, and that's it for a while, or did you go a little larger, with getting say 2 to 4 expansions?
Do you sleeve the cards to protect them? OR have you not seen a need to.
Did you stick with using the base cardboard range/movement 'rulers' or did you upgrade to using one of those acrylic sets?
Billy_Buttcheese
Peddler
Peddler
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition

Re: Xwing miniatures game, who plays??

Post by Billy_Buttcheese »

I play the Star Trek Attack Wing equivalent.
Yes and quickly collected several expansions but now somewhat regret that decision due to storage space or the lack thereof
Have sleeved all cards-I like to keep my stuff pristine whenever possible. I sleeve all my board game cards, even those that aren't handled regularly
Purchased a sweet day-glo green movement set but the standard stuff works fine. I also bought some extra dice sets, as well as a felt "space" playing mat.
I've attended several local tournaments and have been completely turned off by the myriad of immature fan-boys (in this case, boys=punks) that have to have every new ship that's released, that also double as loudly vocal know-it-all rules lawyers and general purpose assholes. So haven't played for over a year.
Still searching for the best storage solution. I love all the ships but just haven't found a really excellent way to store them.
Billy_Buttcheese
Peddler
Peddler
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition

Post by Billy_Buttcheese »

Looks like you might not have gotten the response you were looking for, G. Either no one else plays or just too lazy to respond. :beer:
garhkal
Baronet
Baronet

Post by garhkal »

Yea... Found a site where someone scanned in many upgrade cards, but tried to print them out, and man do they look like sheirte.. So guess for many of the cards i'd like, either i gotta buy the expansions that they are in, or find somewhere to buy them individually..
TigerStripedDog
Marshall
Marshall
Favorite D&D Edition: 5th Edition

Post by TigerStripedDog »

Garhkal, I have several friends who play - and co-owning three LGStores I can say that people either buy the Core Set + 3 (average) extra ships or just custom build a Core Set of their own from the start. Most people I know sleeve their cards. There are a lot of options for the acrylic markers - and this really depends on the meta. Head to your LGS and see what people are using. Often someone in the area has a connection on a 3-D printer, or the LGS will have come custom markers made with their branding.

Tiger
*unreadable scribble*
garhkal
Baronet
Baronet

Post by garhkal »

Thanks Tiger..