Strange response to a PM

PlanetADnD's general chat area. Post freely in here about all non D&D related topics. Share your daily thoughts, but please keep any profanity to a minimum. *NOTE* ALL religious and/or political topics will be deleted on sight if they are not related to D&D.

Moderators: Stik, Cole

garhkal
Baronet
Baronet
Favorite D&D Edition: 2nd Edition

Strange response to a PM

Post by garhkal »

On another site (won't say which), i sent a PM to someone, and got a curious response of "DO not ever PM me again"...
Anyone here ever have that happen to them?
Halaster-Blackcloak
Knight
Knight
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition

Re: Strange response to a PM

Post by Halaster-Blackcloak »

Well I do remember when Solomoriah (one of the insane mods at DF) PM'd me with a bunch of insults, then threatened to BAN me for ANY reply, even if that reply was "OK, thank you sir". :roll: I guess that would count as a "don't ever PM me again".

Crazy people. Can't live with them, can't light them on fire and drink a toast to their final screams of agony. :twisted:
Billy_Buttcheese
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Billy_Buttcheese »

Halaster-Blackcloak wrote:Crazy people. Can't live with them, can't light them on fire and drink a toast to their final screams of agony. :twisted:
Damn, Bro. You really do have a dark side... :D
garhkal
Baronet
Baronet

Post by garhkal »

Well Hal, with how grating you can get, i can see you getting that sort of PM. BUT getting that sort of response, merely for daring to ask a question in PM rather than clog the thread up, seemed 'off'..
TigerStripedDog
Marshall
Marshall
Favorite D&D Edition: 5th Edition

Post by TigerStripedDog »

The person may be troubled, or may really really dislike you. Either way - brush it off, and honor their request. Its probably a lot harder to be the kind of person that respond to a PM that way than it is to deal with them... so pity is an appropriate response.

Tiger
*unreadable scribble*
Halaster-Blackcloak
Knight
Knight

Billy_Buttcheese wrote:
Damn, Bro. You really do have a dark side... :D
:lol: True, but I'm at peace with my dark side. :wink: :twisted:
Halaster-Blackcloak
Knight
Knight

Garhkal wrote:
Well Hal, with how grating you can get, i can see you getting that sort of PM. BUT getting that sort of response, merely for daring to ask a question in PM rather than clog the thread up, seemed 'off'..
:lol: You have a point there! Like I said though, that's the closest I ever came to such a PM, and that isn't the best example because it was from a power-mad mod who really, really did not like me and was just an attempt at setting me up for a ban so he could feel ok with himself. So that's a little bit different. But no, other than that I've never gotten such a PM. Was it a moderator or a member (the PM you got)? It does seem like an unusually rude response.
garhkal
Baronet
Baronet

Post by garhkal »

Nope. The person's not a mod.. Or at least his profile doesn't list whether he is or not.
Halaster-Blackcloak
Knight
Knight

I'd write it off and write him off. I could see someone over there doing that to me, because there are some people over there who really hate me. :twisted: I can't for the life of me recall someone there you didn't get along with for the most part. I know a few people like to post snarky remarks towards you sometimes, but that doesn't sound like what it is.

Can you provide any details as to the question itself, or the background of the reason for the PM? Otherwise, it'd hard to say. Either way, I'd just write them off.
garhkal
Baronet
Baronet

Post by garhkal »

Someone had wrote about his SW game, in which he had non-force users able to use certain force powers, as a 'racial' bonus, and i asked him politely "So if they have it racially, is it something in bred into their DNA? Something part of their mental make up? Or something else?
If it is one of the first two options, couldn't then someone who dissects them/studies their body/brains, some how duplicate it"?
Halaster-Blackcloak
Knight
Knight

If such a non-confrontational question resulted in "don't ever PM me again", I'd say the person has issues.
Billy_Buttcheese
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Billy_Buttcheese »

garhkal wrote:Someone had wrote about his SW game, in which he had non-force users able to use certain force powers, as a 'racial' bonus, and i asked him politely "So if they have it racially, is it something in bred into their DNA? Something part of their mental make up? Or something else?
If it is one of the first two options, couldn't then someone who dissects them/studies their body/brains, some how duplicate it"?
Sounds to me like you might have touched a raw nerve and he wasn't able to justify his reasoning so he just basically told you shut up and MYOB. Sounds very immature to me. I sure wouldn't take it personally and just f'uggeddaboutit...
Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Cole »

garhkal wrote:Well Hal, with how grating you can get, i can see you getting that sort of PM. BUT getting that sort of response, merely for daring to ask a question in PM rather than clog the thread up, seemed 'off'..
I agree with the rest of the guys on here. Just move on...

A wise neighbor once told me ... " let the small things be small" , I try to live by that now as I have a bad habit of taking everything to heart and feeling guilty over small things.

So let it be small, it's someone you don't know, or will never meet in real life, so who cares. ;)

P.S. < Don't PM me about it :poke:

:lol:
The Borg of Dungeons & Dragons