Were we down sunday??

PlanetADnD's general chat area. Post freely in here about all non D&D related topics. Share your daily thoughts, but please keep any profanity to a minimum. *NOTE* ALL religious and/or political topics will be deleted on sight if they are not related to D&D.

Moderators: Stik, Cole

garhkal
Baronet
Baronet
Favorite D&D Edition: 2nd Edition

Were we down sunday??

Post by garhkal »

Twice, i tried getting on the site yesterday (sunday the 15th), once around 1pm and the other around 5pm) and both times i got errors.. So was the site offline? The base PADND site was accessible, but not the forums..
RPG Dinosaur
Merchant
Merchant
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition, with some 2nd

Re: Were we down sunday??

Post by RPG Dinosaur »

I accessed the forums on my phone via the Wi-Fi at the bookstore on Sunday, 9:45 a.m. Pacific Time, which would be 11:45 Central Time. That's not too long before you tried, you are in Central Time right? Strange. :?
_Matt_
Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition

Post by Cole »

Not that I'm aware of, but if our host has a Hard Drive die, where the MYsqL data is stored, that would be a reason why the forums would go down, but not the main site. They would simply replace it, cycle the backup tape drive and everything would continue on as normal. ;)
The Borg of Dungeons & Dragons
TristenC
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by TristenC »

The gaming forum posts are down right now due to SQL error [forums and subforum structures work but cant view/access/back up posts] and have been for over 3 days [last post was appx 3 days, 10 hrs ago from the time of this post]
What doesn't kill you just means you made your save... this time...
Stik
Master Scribe
Master Scribe

Post by Stik »

With regard to our game forums being down, I got the following email from Cole earlier today:
"Gaming forums restored, sorry it took me a bit, worked 15 hours yesterday.
Enjoy and please apologize for me. No data was lost.
Cheers
Cole"
"No matter where you go, there you are."