Thor vs wonder woman. GOD fight!!

PlanetADnD's general chat area. Post freely in here about all non D&D related topics. Share your daily thoughts, but please keep any profanity to a minimum. *NOTE* ALL religious and/or political topics will be deleted on sight if they are not related to D&D.

Moderators: Stik, Cole

garhkal
Baronet
Baronet
Favorite D&D Edition: 2nd Edition

Thor vs wonder woman. GOD fight!!

Post by garhkal »

Just got done doing a re-watch of Wonderwoman.. Loved it.

BUT it makes me wonder.
She is a demi-god created to slay other gods (aries specifically). Thor is the son of odin and god of thunder and lightning..

So if for what ever reason they fought against one another.. Who do ya all think would win??
Halaster-Blackcloak
Knight
Knight
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition

Re: Thor vs wonder woman. GOD fight!!

Post by Halaster-Blackcloak »

Oh hell, Thor would wipe the floor with her!

First, Thor is arguably far stronger than Wonder Woman. DC never clearly defined power levels the way Marvel did (although now even Marvel blurs the lines into meaninglessness). But consider this...

Back in the 60s, 70s and 80s, Thor and the Hulk had many battles. Marvel always made them end in a tie to avoid upsetting fans of either character. Now, it was pretty strongly established in Avengers #149 that Thor always holds back his true might when fighting on Earth against mortal beings, because he's a god and therefore far more powerful (Moondragon pointed this out a well). On the other hand, Hulk gets stronger, the angrier he gets. And yet during each battle, with Thor holding back his full power and the Hulk getting angrier and yet stronger by the minute, he could never overpower Thor. In the original Avengers/Defenders crossover, they locked hands and stood for HOURS, trying to out-muscle one another - again, with Thor holding back his full power and Hulk getting angrier and stronger by the minute, for hours at a time. Thor is pretty much the Superman of Marvel.

Second, if Thor goes into his godly rage, he becomes ten times stronger. Think about that. Thor, while holding back his full normal strength, is powerful enough to withstand the strength of Hulk, who starts out near Thor's level but gets stronger the angrier he gets. And Thor has pissed Hulk off something fierce! Now imaging Thor using his full strength, and then imagine it increasing ten-fold! 8O He can also wear a belt which doubles his strength. Put the two together and Thor is at 20 times his normal strength, with no holding back! On sheer strength alone, he wins.

Then consider that he wields Mjolnir, which is amongst the most powerful magical items in the universe. It can fly at the speed of light, track it's target, etc. Thor can also use his hammer to open portals to other dimensions, outer space, etc. All he need do, as in his battle with Count Nefaria, is open a portal to some place in space. Wonder Woman gets sucked in, then suffocates in space. If she lassos him and he goes along, big deal. He gets to watch her die. Thor can exist in space.

Then there is the lightning she has to deal with, from nature and from his hammer. There there is his godly energy blast and all that. Thor also has thousands of years of combat experience, so I would say it'd be pretty hard for WW to get her lasso around him. Even if she did, would it be able to affect a god? Keep in mind, Thor has proven very resistant to mind control, having even resisted a blast from the Infinity Mind Gem when wielded by Adam Warlock. And surely Thor would immediately yank her towards him with the lasso and knock her out or slam her into a wall before she could assert any control. Thor could attack from the sky with his hammer and lightning, effectively rending any use of her lasso irrelevant.

And remember, when Thor fought the Silver Surfer, who at the time had his Cosmic Power enforced by Loki's godly Asgardian power and magic, the Surfer could not defeat Thor. He placed a cosmic power shell around Mjolnir, which Thor shattered with a blow of his hand! Silver Surfer said:

"I have seen his mallet's magic. It is truly mightier than my cosmic force."

So no, I don't see how Wonder Woman could defeat Thor. I don't see how almost any superhero (Marvel or DC) can defeat Thor. He's pretty bad-ass! Granted, Wonder Woman is powerful, and one of my favorite DC heroes, but no way is she defeating Thor.
Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition

Re: Thor vs wonder woman. GOD fight!!

Post by Cole »

Agree.. a woman could never best a man... :lol:
The Borg of Dungeons & Dragons