Sports people and sponsorships..

PlanetADnD's general chat area. Post freely in here about all non D&D related topics. Share your daily thoughts, but please keep any profanity to a minimum. *NOTE* ALL religious and/or political topics will be deleted on sight if they are not related to D&D.

Moderators: Stik, Cole

garhkal
Baronet
Baronet
Favorite D&D Edition: 2nd Edition

Sports people and sponsorships..

Post by garhkal »

We see all sorts of TV adverts for various products or items with some well known (and in some cases not that well known) sports athletes, but you would think with the FAME and furor/inspiration with the American Ninja Warrior phenomenon, that at least some of those guys and gals (especially people like Flip Rodreguez, Drew Dreshel, Jessie Graff, Katy Katnozaro), would be a show in for the clean cut inspiring sort of folk these companies look for, to sponsor..
YET i can't remember a single advert that's had a single one of them on...
RPG Dinosaur
Merchant
Merchant
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition, with some 2nd

Re: Sports people and sponsorships..

Post by RPG Dinosaur »

I haven't followed A.N.W. for two, maybe three years, but you are right. It would seem odd that none of the athletes would get sponsored for a TV commercial. Having said that, I have to ask you: are you sure that there hasn't been a 'TV' ad made featuring one of them and maybe you just aren't aware of it? The only reason I ask is that there are so many bloody channels and content providers now! Amazon, Showtime, HBO, Netflix, it goes on and on. My dish network, DirecTV, has their own standalone channel called Audience, plus there are custom TV type ads made just for the Internet.
Whether or not there are any TV type sponsorship ads for any A.N.W. athletes, I'm almost positive that there must be some of the many non-TV types of sponsorships that exist for them. Magazine ads, sponsored personal appearances on behalf of a company, wearing a companies apparel or more especially their athletic shoes, you know, that sort of thing.
_Matt_
garhkal
Baronet
Baronet
Favorite D&D Edition: 2nd Edition

Re: Sports people and sponsorships..

Post by garhkal »

That MIGHT be the case, but with the # of channels i do surf though, to not have seen it (even online) its strange if they were being sponsored..