GHHAA> Gaming group broke up..

PlanetADnD's general chat area. Post freely in here about all non D&D related topics. Share your daily thoughts, but please keep any profanity to a minimum. *NOTE* ALL religious and/or political topics will be deleted on sight if they are not related to D&D.

Moderators: Stik, Cole

garhkal
Baronet
Baronet
Favorite D&D Edition: 2nd Edition

GHHAA> Gaming group broke up..

Post by garhkal »

Damn the bad luck. After 14 game sessions my group in town broke up. of our 5 players, 1 moved to vegas (job iirc, though i did get wind a few weeks ago he MIGHT be doing that), one moved out of state for family issues (and by the way the email giving me the heads up sounded, it seemed like some serious family problems), and one just flat out quit to go back to his other group which does pathfinder (mine is 2e)..

While i was navy, i had a # of groups do the same, but that was to be expected with people transfering to new commands, getting out, being adseped (or med seped).. but i didn't expect it to happen in civvy street..

Tomorrow i will head out to the Guardtower store in downtown columbus, and see if i can get in with a group there, or at least post a flier for a group...

THIS BITES! :x :x :x
Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition

Re: GHHAA> Gaming group broke up..

Post by Cole »

I hear yeah man, I JUST got up to 6 players in my main group and 1 moved to vancouver (wife got a new job), 1 started working in camp and isn't around much and when he is, he's only got 4 days off and then back to the woods (so only time for family), another is moving to Vancouver for education (so POOF 3 of my 6 gone!)

FUCK!!!!!!! :x :beer:

Let's turn this thread into poor us topic :sucks:
The Borg of Dungeons & Dragons
garhkal
Baronet
Baronet

Post by garhkal »

At least you still have 3.. You can add a DMNPC to push it up to 4 (1 of each class).. I have just 2. So unless i let them both play 2 pcs (and with the hubby, he seems to even run any sort of Henchmen he gets as just an extension of his personality, while Wifey is still too new to RPGs to really be able to handle more than the 1 character), that guts me...
Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Cole »

Here is the kicker for me. I might be moving away as well, as my wife got promoted and can take a job in the next province over. That's going to be a sad day for me to leave my town. All my D&D days will be gone (short of here on padnd.com) :cry:

I'll be somewhat close to Ck and Thanatos and a few of the other old time users on here though, so just maybe I can game with them. Give CK a break from DMing :up:

but yeah, 3 is the BARE minimum I'd say. Below that, there really no point.
Lyrwik
Peddler
Peddler
Favorite D&D Edition: AD&D 2nd Ed

Post by Lyrwik »

If you're ever looking for a group, I've found the site www.meetup.com to be really useful. I found several gaming groups in my area, and have had no issue finding sufficient players (in fact, more the opposite of having to reject people because it was getting too many). It's worth checking out.
garhkal
Baronet
Baronet

Post by garhkal »

I am giving that meet up site a run.. Let's see how it goes.
garhkal
Baronet
Baronet

Post by garhkal »

Wow.. That meet up site, has the columbus table top gamers on, and i have already got 3 people rodgering up to play next sat, when the calander invite for the session was only created mid day or so friday!

So here's hoping in the 5 days from now to then, i get 2-3 more..
Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Cole »

How did it go Gar?
garhkal
Baronet
Baronet

Post by garhkal »

Dunno. We are meeting up this saturday..
Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Cole »

Ohh duh, sorry I wasn't paying attention. Was sick for a week so I was assuming this post was older 8)
garhkal
Baronet
Baronet

Post by garhkal »

I will keep this thread updated with what's going on. So far, i have 3 confirmed people showing up, 1 possible, and hopefully i get 1-2 more in the mean time..
garhkal
Baronet
Baronet

Post by garhkal »

Well, we had 4 show up, and they confirmed to game again next saturday, and then every other saturday there after.. One made a 1/2 cleric ranger, 1 a dwarf ftr/thief, 1 a gnome ill/thief, and one a straight cleric, and we got a lizardman fighter and human fighter as 2 of the 4's back up pcs... A little light on front end combatives, and the player of the gnome, knows the deal with his race (they are being hunted by a freddy kruger like monster in their dreams, an ancient curse like thinggy)..
Of the 2 clerics, one took Shenannie moonbow, and the other, Vorka (a god of archery)...
garhkal
Baronet
Baronet

Post by garhkal »

Well, today we had our first game session (proper). 3 of the 4 players showed up (one canxed on thurs evening due to a hurry order coming in his work so he had some overtime mandated). Of that 3, two players played both their primary and their back up pcs, so we had 5 actuall characters, and a 6th was a DMNPC (human fighter just there to soak and dish out damage, not for making decisions). IF the group gets larger (say we get 1-2 more actual players, i will move him out (since the lord who assigned him stated that he's there to augument the group until they get to proper strength IE MORE players show up!)

AND it sucks this site has no Campaign journal area so i can write up What happened!
Halaster-Blackcloak
Knight
Knight

Post by Halaster-Blackcloak »

I'm near Chicago and it's so hard to find:

1. Players
2. Time

My problem is that almost all my free time is in the wee hours of the morning. "Their" problem is that most of the people in the area that I see at stores or at Meetup.com are either playing crappy editions (everything from 3.5 on - which I would condescend to play exactly 48 hours after I decide to gouge my own eye out with a dull rusty fork) or they're just stupid people. :x I'm used to having groups of friends who all played. About 90% - 95% of my campaign groups over the years consisted of close friends and friends of friends so everyone got along and it was a true friend/group event. I prefer that far and above over a handful of people who only get together for game night. There's a cohesion with the former that I don't think can ever be achieved with the latter.
garhkal
Baronet
Baronet

Post by garhkal »

That's partially been my problem. When i was in Guam the only gamers there were ever-crack, WoW or Magic the gathering players. In gulfport, it was the shiny new D&D 4th, or Evercrack/wow again.