Index cards, what best to hold a group??

PlanetADnD's general chat area. Post freely in here about all non D&D related topics. Share your daily thoughts, but please keep any profanity to a minimum. *NOTE* ALL religious and/or political topics will be deleted on sight if they are not related to D&D.

Moderators: Stik, Cole

garhkal
Baronet
Baronet
Favorite D&D Edition: 2nd Edition

Index cards, what best to hold a group??

Post by garhkal »

Ok guys and gals.. I am planning on making 3x5 (or 4x6) index cards for some handouts for the gang, to cover some of the new spells and magical items i have created (since i have the 2e spells decks for both mages and priests, the book stuff is covered).. However, to transport them back and fourth, i am wanting something to hold them so they don't go all over the place/rip etc.. I know the magic cards etc, have those plastic sleeves, but do they make a similar product for index cards? If not, which would you suggest... Bull dog clips or thick elastic bands?
TigerStripedDog
Marshall
Marshall
Favorite D&D Edition: 5th Edition

Re: Index cards, what best to hold a group??

Post by TigerStripedDog »

I think your best bet is to make a template for yourself in Paint or Excel. That lets you print them out (multiple to a page) with clear type (rather than handwriting).

Then grab one of these: https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-PL9 ... B00BUI5QWS (Laminator)

Laminate, punch a hole in one of the corners, and then grab one of these: https://www.amazon.com/Sparco-3-Inch-Di ... =card+ring (Card Ring)

This lets you keep everything in order, AND you can clip it onto a 3-ring binder, or whatever you have handy (I keep my D&D books in a backpack for travel, which the ring can easily clip to).

Not the cheapest way, but you get legible, durable, and long lasting spell cards this way, that are always attached to whatever you're lugging around.

Tiger
*unreadable scribble*