Two question post concerning comic movies

PlanetADnD's general chat area. Post freely in here about all non D&D related topics. Share your daily thoughts, but please keep any profanity to a minimum. *NOTE* ALL religious and/or political topics will be deleted on sight if they are not related to D&D.

Moderators: Stik, Cole

Halaster-Blackcloak
Knight
Knight
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition

Re: Two question post concerning comic movies

Post by Halaster-Blackcloak »

Me either! :lol:
RPG Dinosaur
Merchant
Merchant
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition, with some 2nd

Post by RPG Dinosaur »

So this post is about a comic based tv show, but rather than start a new thread I'll just put it here. Just found out that there is a show called Riverdale on the CW Network that features the characters of the Archie Comics in a dark, murder mystery, noir type plot that takes place in the modern day. Did you know that?! If you aren't familiar with the Archie Comics, Riverdale is the fictional town the Archie characters inhabit. I heard about it and then happened to catch part of an episode a few days later. There was a lot of sexual content (as far as staying within the limits of Network free TV) and a fair amount of skin (same thing, within TV limits) on the episode I saw. This reminds me that when I was in my local comic shop about a year ago, actually the last time I was there, and I asked the owner what was selling well he mentioned Archie having a resurgence. I checked just now and, not really a surprise here, but there is a line of comics called Riverdale put out by Archies publisher. Also, Josie and the Pussycats are in those comics, not sure about the TV show; I didn't see them.

No, I am not going to be watching the show anymore. Not passing judgment; it's just not for me.
At first all this took me by surprise, but I guess if the publishers can do an Archie/Punisher crossover :lol: , they can stretch out and go down this road also!
_Matt_
Halaster-Blackcloak
Knight
Knight
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition

Post by Halaster-Blackcloak »

I wouldn't watch Riverdale if you paid me. I hate how Hollywood (and Netflix, etc) turn everything deprave and dark. Society as a whole is corrupted. I saw that in the actual Archie comics, they made Archie's best friend gay, then had him gunned down by a psychotic, homophobic and obviously "conservative" gun-nut. :roll: Archie gave his life for his buddy and the agenda was promoted. As was the propaganda. They should all rot in hell for that they're doing to our culture, the Hollyweird set and all the rest.
garhkal
Baronet
Baronet
Favorite D&D Edition: 2nd Edition

Post by garhkal »

Me neither. I get enough teen angst crapola on the flash.