3e books

PlanetADnD's general chat area. Post freely in here about all non D&D related topics. Share your daily thoughts, but please keep any profanity to a minimum. *NOTE* ALL religious and/or political topics will be deleted on sight if they are not related to D&D.

Moderators: Stik, Cole

Crasez58
Merchant
Merchant
Favorite D&D Edition: 2nd Edition

3e books

Post by Crasez58 »

Hey guys ive been gone for a while ive been pretty busy :) (sorry)

so I have started a new campaign and I need books 3rd or 3.5 so if anyone has them and would like to sell drop me a pm or an email thanks guys
The single most dangerous thing in all of Krynn is to hear a Kender say "oops".
Brightmantle
Town Crier
Town Crier
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition

Re: 3e books

Post by Brightmantle »

I own multiple copies of the 3.5 books but am unwilling to part with my collection. After giving it some thought I figured I could help you out, Crazez. So I found them for you for sale. Pretty cheaply as well. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_ ... =D%26D+3.5
And http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R4 ... _sacat=220
A king without a sword, the land without a king!
Crasez58
Merchant
Merchant
Favorite D&D Edition: 2nd Edition

Post by Crasez58 »

Thanks bud in gonna wait for now though trying to decide whether to go to 3.5 or take the plunge and get 5e
The single most dangerous thing in all of Krynn is to hear a Kender say "oops".
Brightmantle
Town Crier
Town Crier
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition

Post by Brightmantle »

I suppose it truly depends on what you are looking for in a game, Crazez.
If you want the game to be story driven with much of the special abilities for p.c.'s to be class based then 5e. is a better option. Feats and ability increases are basically the only choices after level 3. This is also true of 5e- if low magic games are more your speed. High magic is more difficult,as Bounded accuracy can nullify the option for game balance sake. There is less in the way of magic items over all. They are also less powerful for the sake of B.A. I might describe 5th edition as 3.5 rules light.

If a character driven game is what you are seeking where every decision is important to you as a player and having more of them is also your gig' 3.5 is more likely to fit your desired play style. High magic Campaigning is also well supported with 3.5. This version caters more to p.c. customization. Then there is the 3.75 OGL variation currently available in print: Pathfinder. Both of these systems are rules heavy in comparison to 5e.
Here are some prices on line for 5th ed. at a discount.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_ ... ooks%2C201
Sorry, Ebay was truly no better this time around.
A king without a sword, the land without a king!