Stepping out of the wilderness is...

Back from the past? Been Lurking and finally want to say hi? Or simply new to the Planet? This is the place to introduce yourself to everyone else.

Moderators: Stik, Cole

TristenC
Vagabond
Vagabond
Favorite D&D Edition: 2nd Edition

Stepping out of the wilderness is...

Post by TristenC »

Long time user, first time member.

I joined the gaming forum about a month or two ago (you can see where my priorities are ☺). I used to play 2e AD&D a lot starting waaaaaaa(15+ years ago)aaaay back in the day. Nobody else wanted to DM, so I was dubbed ‘it’. I never got much chance to play for a long time but I love it. Did almost exclusively 2e, but dabbled in 3e and 3.5

I actually used PADnD for a lot of resources in years following that. This is the first time I have ever officially joined a gaming forum. Usually I just glean cool stuff off the site and read the threads I’m interested in.

Looking forward to playing and DM-ing again!

See you around the (virtual) gaming table!
What doesn't kill you just means you made your save... this time...
Brightmantle
Town Crier
Town Crier
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition

Re: Stepping out of the wilderness is...

Post by Brightmantle »

Welcome to the party, so to speak. Feel free to find a thread you like and jump right in to a discussion. :)
A king without a sword, the land without a king!
TristenC
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by TristenC »

Thanks! I actually already have :)
Looking forward to the new community
What doesn't kill you just means you made your save... this time...
SilverBen
Peasant
Peasant

Post by SilverBen »

This is copied from another post I made but it still holds true here... I'm introducing myself to the community here on PlanetADnD. I'm interested to run a 2nd edition AD&D game, having seen it done many times before for tabletop and virtual games and only now summoning the courage to sit in the virtual DMs chair. So, I am happy to host and coordinate a play by post game or virtual game online.

Generally, I am available most nights of the week during late night hours in the Eastern Time Zone. I prefer the PBP games in a forum or other asynchronous format. If players prefer virtual games, then my goal is to have short game sessions of two hours maximum but be focused on declaring character actions in rapid fire to keep the game moving.

My DM style is narrative and focuses on exploring the fantasy world. I'm seeking folks who share a passion for collaborative story telling. Maybe we'll take a published, classic, adventure and make it our own together. Send me a message with your level of interest to play.