Not dead yet

PlanetADnD's general chat area. Post freely in here about all non D&D related topics. Share your daily thoughts, but please keep any profanity to a minimum. *NOTE* ALL religious and/or political topics will be deleted on sight if they are not related to D&D.

Moderators: Stik, Cole

Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition

Not dead yet

Post by Cole »

Wow,

anyone else having a shitty start to the year?

As for me, started on Jan 2nd (had a vasectomy) took 15 days to fully recover, they told me 7... then 2 days later I got deathly ill. Had a super high fever, lost my voice, could barely breathe ...on and on. Still sick today but well enough to get on here ;) Glad this run is coming to and end!

Heres to February ! :lol:
The Borg of Dungeons & Dragons
Brightmantle
Town Crier
Town Crier

Re: Not dead yet

Post by Brightmantle »

Huh, don't know what to say to that.. glad you are alive. Here is hoping the year gets better for you.
A king without a sword, the land without a king!
RPG Dinosaur
Merchant
Merchant
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition, with some 2nd

Post by RPG Dinosaur »

My bad run seemed to occur before the New Year started. I didn't get a job that I really, really wanted and tried hard to get and thought I had a good chance at after introducing myself to the owner. My illness hit in November and I was sick the entire month. My doctor said it was a mutant cold, but I think it was a strain of pneumonia because instead of a runny nose I had terrible night sweats. I would wake up up to twice a night and from the neck down it was like I was taking a bath in sweat. Temp got up pretty high, but I don't think I was ever in the danger it sounds like you were. I feel for you; since the New Year things have been real good and I hope they turn that way for you and everybody else.
_Matt_
Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Cole »

Funny how life works eh guys. I've always and mean always been the guy that never gets sick. But now that I'm nearing 40, I seem to always be sick. My buddy tells me it's because my oldest kid is now in Kindergarten and once yer kids are in school, you'll be sick all the time :(

If that's too, I'm going to be one miserable son-of-a-bitch... I hate being ill. :x

However I'm thinking it's more because people just don't eat right and don't exercise at all nowadays. I think I'm going to force myself back into martial arts again of some sort and try to drop 25+ lbs over the next year. eat more salad and less mcDonalds. Already dropped my absolute fav thing (coffee) since the new year and that has already allowed me to drop 8 lbs ;)

Heres to health! Glad to see your both kickin around here still ;) I'll be on more soon.
Stik
Master Scribe
Master Scribe
Favorite D&D Edition: 2nd Edition

Post by Stik »

I feel your pain, Cole. Any time you get surgery in that area, it is painful and debilitating.
After my circumcision, I couldn't walk for a year. :lol:
"No matter where you go, there you are."
Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Cole »

you had a circumcision as an adult? or are you just fuckin with us? meaning you had one when born and then didn't walk till one year old ..? SMART ASS! :D
Brightmantle
Town Crier
Town Crier

Post by Brightmantle »

As soon as I read that -I started laughing, then I was like.. he was an infant.
BTW Cole, are you going on TRT? The "snip" is proven to drive your test levels to nil. No- thank- you. :lol:
Stik
Master Scribe
Master Scribe
Favorite D&D Edition: 2nd Edition

Post by Stik »

Infant me couldn't walk.
"No matter where you go, there you are."
Brightmantle
Town Crier
Town Crier

Post by Brightmantle »

Wow there Cole, haven't seen you around for over 30 days. "DEAD NOW?" Just kidding. I hope you are alright. Maybe you are so busy gaming that you haven't had time to shoot the bull with us. :lol: