New theory about the Mona Lisa (sort of)

PlanetADnD's general chat area. Post freely in here about all non D&D related topics. Share your daily thoughts, but please keep any profanity to a minimum. *NOTE* ALL religious and/or political topics will be deleted on sight if they are not related to D&D.

Moderators: Stik, Cole

RivenBlade
Vagabond
Vagabond

New theory about the Mona Lisa (sort of)

Post by RivenBlade »

Historian/Novelist Angelo Paratico has put forth a theory that the famous painting is a portrait of Leonardo's mother- while that in itself is nothing new, he has made an argument that the woman in question (about little of which is recorded except she was called Caterina) was a chinese slave claimed by client of the painter/inventor's father. Already this claim has stirred up a major $#i!storm with people both challenging or supporting it.
Make your first strike a killing strike
Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition

Re: New theory about the Mona Lisa (sort of)

Post by Cole »

I've follow that somewhat. I still enjoy the theory that the painting is a man and not even a woman at all. ;) Definitely NOT chinese :lol:
The Borg of Dungeons & Dragons
RivenBlade
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by RivenBlade »

There is also what I call the "Gil Grissom Theory" (I first heard it on CSI), which suggests the painting is how Leonardo imagined himself as a woman (I really hope that one is way off, I get really weirded out by it).
Make your first strike a killing strike
Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition

Post by Cole »

Funny you should say that... as "some" think that it actually IS a self portrait ... citing he was of the queer variety...
The Borg of Dungeons & Dragons