Twitter and Television

PlanetADnD's general chat area. Post freely in here about all non D&D related topics. Share your daily thoughts, but please keep any profanity to a minimum. *NOTE* ALL religious and/or political topics will be deleted on sight if they are not related to D&D.

Moderators: Stik, Cole

Stik
Master Scribe
Master Scribe
Favorite D&D Edition: 2nd Edition

Twitter and Television

Post by Stik »

Okay, am I the only one who really can't stand seeing twitter posts on television shows?

Case in point: I watch Deadliest Catch every week. Every few minutes part of the screen is taken up by some knucklehead's comment like: "Stay strong, Cornelia Marie. Teh crab r there." or something similar.
I find it distracting and intrusive, like someone shouting at the screen in a movie theater, and ultimately pointless, because here's a news flash to all you people tweeting to Deadliest Catch: the show you're watching was filmed six months ago! Which means the people you are trying to connect with missed your message by six months. The rear brake line on my truck broke a few months ago. How about you send me a tweet now to tell my to check the brake lines? That'll be just as helpful.

My viewing experience is not the least bit improved by Discovery Channel posting tweets during the show. If people want to shout at the screen, they have my blessing, but let them do it in their own homes and leave me out of it.
"No matter where you go, there you are."
Crasez58
Merchant
Merchant
Favorite D&D Edition: 2nd Edition

Re: Twitter and Television

Post by Crasez58 »

I agree with you with the exception of one show: @midnight without twitter that show wouldn't be nearly as funny
I think for the main part you can thank g4tv for starting the trend back In the day they started incorporating love chat feeds into shows like attack of the show, cops, and Star Trek.
The single most dangerous thing in all of Krynn is to hear a Kender say "oops".