Age of Conan

PlanetADnD's general chat area. Post freely in here about all non D&D related topics. Share your daily thoughts, but please keep any profanity to a minimum. *NOTE* ALL religious and/or political topics will be deleted on sight if they are not related to D&D.

Moderators: Stik, Cole

Brightmantle
Town Crier
Town Crier
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition

Age of Conan

Post by Brightmantle »

Does anyone here play Age of Conan? I was wondering if it's worth downloading and doing the free to play angle. What say you? Is it an Age undreamed of or a "pass" like Destroyer was? What do you know about this game?
A king without a sword, the land without a king!
Brightmantle
Town Crier
Town Crier

Re: Age of Conan

Post by Brightmantle »

Never mind, I went and found out myself. Sweet sauce! Free to play too. Cool Game.
Crasez58
Merchant
Merchant
Favorite D&D Edition: 2nd Edition

Post by Crasez58 »

Eh lemme know if you like it I need something new to play besides swtor its really gotten old for me
The single most dangerous thing in all of Krynn is to hear a Kender say "oops".
Brightmantle
Town Crier
Town Crier

Post by Brightmantle »

We'll, I'll say this: the combat system is bloody and well designed. Talk about gory man. You are literally hacking enemies to pieces. It's way more than your basic mouse control button pusher. You actually attack using angles to overcome your enemies defense and you can set your own defence for combat as well. It has special maneuvers and critical hits too! The graphics are very good, and the storyline is extensive and thus far fun and engaging to me. I'm only level 15 so far but it's fun! There's t&a and sex, demons and all sorts of creatures from Howard's stories . Pretty adult for sure- in fact it's an 18 and older game.
Crasez58
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Crasez58 »

I may have to give it a look bud is it an mmo?
Brightmantle
Town Crier
Town Crier

Post by Brightmantle »

Yes it is. You can choose to adventure solo at night to pursue your destiny and advance the plotline also. Lots of pvp if you like whipping other folks butt's too. You choose to pvp or not. To attack the weak will earn you criminal status and have everyone count you as an enemy. This of course; will get you killed repeatedly for the duration of your criminal status- a 30min. window of time. I'm surprised you have never heard of " Age of Conan Unchained" as it is not a new game.
Crasez58
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Crasez58 »

Eh really I'm not much of a mmo player I played wow for a couple months got bored I played guild wars for 7 years but that was just me running guilds and shit and I have guild wars two right now but dont like it

Honestly the only reason I like to play mmos are for the rp and finding new friends
Brightmantle
Town Crier
Town Crier

Post by Brightmantle »

Here you go Crazes. This is an awesome example of Combat and fatalities for Age of Conan. Kiddies beware!! This is going to get bloody! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc