Disney Movies Ranked - With Frozen

PlanetADnD's general chat area. Post freely in here about all non D&D related topics. Share your daily thoughts, but please keep any profanity to a minimum. *NOTE* ALL religious and/or political topics will be deleted on sight if they are not related to D&D.

Moderators: Stik, Cole

TigerStripedDog
Marshall
Marshall
Favorite D&D Edition: 5th Edition

Disney Movies Ranked - With Frozen

Post by TigerStripedDog »

I just finished Frozen. It was a lot of fun, but does not make my top 10 Disney movies. Here are mine:

1. Robin Hood
2. Sleeping Beauty
3. The Sword in the Stone
4. Beauty and the Beast
5. Tangled
6. Aladdin
7. Treasure Planet
8. Rescuers Down Under
9. The Jungle Book
10. Peter Pan

To see a list of Disney Animated movies, direct your attention here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Di ... d_features

I purposefully omitted anything that was not produced by Walt Disney studios, so all Pixar movies are out, otherwise the second two Toy Stories and Up would be on there somewhere.

Curious what you all think.

Also, Frozen was great. Olaf was done really well, surprising that I liked him considering I don't usually care for the slapstick comedic relief. My biggest critiques were the music, which I thought was forced, obtrusive, and sub-par. I also feel like Disney is really trying to force and push the envelope on the "Empowered Female Lead". I generally like the direction they have taken with that, especially with Tangled (obviously, from my list above) as well as Brave. This time though... it was just forced, and by forcing it they take from it. If that agenda becomes too obvious, you lose the realism that should be apparent within that message. Its almost patronizing. As if saying "women are so weak, we have to go over the top to prove they aren't!". The message becomes cloying. Still, as I said a lot of fun, and fairly well put together.

TSD
*unreadable scribble*
RivenBlade
Vagabond
Vagabond

Re: Disney Movies Ranked - With Frozen

Post by RivenBlade »

I also find the "preachy Girls-can-do-as-well-as-boys" message in a lot of movies these days rather forced too, that's why I won't watch Brave. Just seeing the previews alone I knew what to expect.

Now that I've got THAT out of my system- do you know Disney Studios once made a nature film that drew controversy by graphically showing a buffalo (or is it bison?) giving birth?
Stik
Master Scribe
Master Scribe
Favorite D&D Edition: 2nd Edition

Post by Stik »

They also made a nature film (1958's White Wilderness) which featured staged shots of lemmings running off a cliff into the sea, thereby starting the erroneous belief of lemming mass suicides.
"No matter where you go, there you are."
Crasez58
Merchant
Merchant
Favorite D&D Edition: 2nd Edition

Post by Crasez58 »

Stik wrote:They also made a nature film (1958's White Wilderness) which featured staged shots of lemmings running off a cliff into the sea, thereby starting the erroneous belief of lemming mass suicides.
and this...this is why Disney are a bunch of assholes poor little rodents. but really they got the idea because lemmings often try to cross rivers and will freeze to death before they all get across so there will be shit tons of dead lemmings along the banks.
The single most dangerous thing in all of Krynn is to hear a Kender say "oops".