The good bad movie thread

PlanetADnD's general chat area. Post freely in here about all non D&D related topics. Share your daily thoughts, but please keep any profanity to a minimum. *NOTE* ALL religious and/or political topics will be deleted on sight if they are not related to D&D.

Moderators: Stik, Cole

Stik
Master Scribe
Master Scribe
Favorite D&D Edition: 2nd Edition

The good bad movie thread

Post by Stik »

I'm not looking to compare movies here. What I am thinking of is bad movies that are actually kind of good for some reason or other. You know, some awful thing that has a great line, or one interesting scene, or a clever bit of dialogue or something. Let's talk about those.

What got me thinking about this subject is a movie I saw Friday night called Juan de los Muertos (Juan of the Dead). It's a low-budget Spanish-language comedy zombie film that takes place in Havana Cuba in the early days of the zombie apocalypse. Juan, a 40-year-old loser and small time crook launches a zombie-killing business - their slogan: "Juan of the Dead: we kill your loved ones. How can we help you today?". In terms of production value, writing, plot, cinematography, special effects, makeup, etc, it was just awful, but it was funny, and had some great moments, including a scene where the man Juan is handcuffed to dies and reanimates as a zombie. The ensuing struggle is more tango than combat.

So, what good bad movies have you seen lately?
"No matter where you go, there you are."