Magic the Gathering

PlanetADnD's general chat area. Post freely in here about all non D&D related topics. Share your daily thoughts, but please keep any profanity to a minimum. *NOTE* ALL religious and/or political topics will be deleted on sight if they are not related to D&D.

Moderators: Stik, Cole

TigerStripedDog
Marshall
Marshall
Favorite D&D Edition: 5th Edition

Magic the Gathering

Post by TigerStripedDog »

There may already be some folks on here who have a thread about this, but I didn't see it with a once-over.

Anyone here play? If so, for how long?
Anyone here who used to play?
What do you think about MtG?
What formats do you play, if any?

I have been playing steadily for 4 years now. It was this interest that led me to be a Game Store Owner (I now own http://www.facebook.com/tggchampaign) with my friend and former PADND poster Marcus. I still enjoy it a lot, and anymore I mostly cube and play EDH.

Just curious.

TSD
*unreadable scribble*
Brightmantle
Town Crier
Town Crier
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition

Re: Magic the Gathering

Post by Brightmantle »

Yes, I have played Magic in the past. I used to work at a level 14 group home for SED boys. It was there that I learned to play and was introduced to the game. MTG was a way to help the young men to pass the time, learn team work, and be rewarded for good behavior. I have literally thousands of MTG cards (gifted from a Hobby store owner and purchased) and several decks that I gave to my son when I ceased being a mental health worker. I Never play it anymore. I can take it or leave it.
A king without a sword, the land without a king!
TigerStripedDog
Marshall
Marshall
Favorite D&D Edition: 5th Edition

Post by TigerStripedDog »

Any good stuff that you held on to? I am always looking for some sweet swag XD

TSD
*unreadable scribble*
Brightmantle
Town Crier
Town Crier
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition

Post by Brightmantle »

TigerStripedDog wrote:Any good stuff that you held on to? I am always looking for some sweet swag XD

TSD
All of that belongs to my son now. Not for sale, sorry man. To be honest, I can't even remember all that I had. I haven't looked at the cases for 6+ years now. I can tell you I had built some decks spending to much cash as not to embarrass myself when playing those guys bitd. lol You get tired of getting mobbed by teenagers. :lol:
A king without a sword, the land without a king!
RPG Dinosaur
Merchant
Merchant
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition, with some 2nd

Post by RPG Dinosaur »

TSD, this is one gaming phenomenon that passed me by. I only played once, chose to be red and to tell you the truth I didn't really get it and didn't go back. Perhaps if there was a screen with fantastic, evocative art related to the game on the table I would try harder with it. :D :wink:
_Matt_