Best concert you ever saw

PlanetADnD's general chat area. Post freely in here about all non D&D related topics. Share your daily thoughts, but please keep any profanity to a minimum. *NOTE* ALL religious and/or political topics will be deleted on sight if they are not related to D&D.

Moderators: Stik, Cole

RPG Dinosaur
Merchant
Merchant
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition, with some 2nd

Best concert you ever saw

Post by RPG Dinosaur »

Brightmantles Classic Rock Thread got me to thinking about concerts. Specifically got me to thinking about the best concert I've ever seen and I've seen my share as diverse as '93 Fleetwood Mac to the Rollins Band. What's the best one you've ever seen and it doesn't have to be Classic Rock (but lets keep it to acts that played in mid to large arenas)? My favorite was the first time I saw Roger Waters perform the Wall at Tacoma back in 2010.
_Matt_
Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition

Re: Best concert you ever saw

Post by Cole »

ACDC at GM place, No Bull world tour concert. Nothing will ever top that for me and I've seen some great bands.
The Borg of Dungeons & Dragons
LadyWinterWolf
Freeman
Freeman
Favorite D&D Edition: 2nd Edition

Post by LadyWinterWolf »

KISS - 1975-08-23 - Calderone Concert Hall, Hempstead, NY

Before they started big venues like Madison Square Garden; got to go up near the stage and see them boys in their Kiss glory! Best Concert Ever!!!

Long live the Witch Queen!!!
garhkal
Baronet
Baronet

Post by garhkal »

1997, Status quo with Mike and the Mechanics as their lead in band.
Also T'pau with a unknown (prior to that) irish band.
RPG Dinosaur
Merchant
Merchant
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition, with some 2nd

Post by RPG Dinosaur »

I got to thinking that not everybody lives in or nearby a large city, so lets revise the criteria. Instead of only concerts you've seen at mid to large size arenas it can be any live performance at any venue. It can be your friends band at the corner watering hold (the Orange Ogre :wink: ). Just describe why it was the best concert you've ever seen.
Gene and Paul are kind of smarmy a-holes, but KISS...YES! And ALICE!
Last edited by RPG Dinosaur on Wed May 07, 2014 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_Matt_
garhkal
Baronet
Baronet

Post by garhkal »

Those 2 are the only concerts i have been to. Twice i tried going to a Bon jovi concert, once in Norfolk va, once in london. both times having duty prevented it.
TigerStripedDog
Marshall
Marshall
Favorite D&D Edition: 5th Edition

Post by TigerStripedDog »

Here Come the Mummies. In Peoria IL, it was at a small venue. Tons of fun. Hope I get to see them again.

TSD
*unreadable scribble*