Losing a title race

PlanetADnD's general chat area. Post freely in here about all non D&D related topics. Share your daily thoughts, but please keep any profanity to a minimum. *NOTE* ALL religious and/or political topics will be deleted on sight if they are not related to D&D.

Moderators: Stik, Cole

garhkal
Baronet
Baronet
Favorite D&D Edition: 2nd Edition

Losing a title race

Post by garhkal »

For those who are sports fans, do you prefer a team to be consistently sucky/average, or a team to have moments of brilliance, giving you hope they may win what ever title that sport has, but always choking at the critical moments?
Crasez58
Merchant
Merchant

Re: Losing a title race

Post by Crasez58 »

Are we talking about the Bengals? Lol I live in Ohio so I am used to our teams sucking
The single most dangerous thing in all of Krynn is to hear a Kender say "oops".
garhkal
Baronet
Baronet

Post by garhkal »

Na.. just ranting after watching man city (english soccer premier league) beat Everton, and some say they might not have played there best, cause they don't want their in city rivals (liverpool) winning the title.
Roxoff
Vagabond
Vagabond
Favorite D&D Edition: 3.5E

Post by Roxoff »

garhkal wrote:Na.. just ranting after watching man city (english soccer premier league) beat Everton, and some say they might not have played there best, cause they don't want their in city rivals (liverpool) winning the title.
For most sports team fans you should see seasons at the pinnacle of glory, interspersed with years of failure. It's that chance, that faint hope of the sniff of success that keeps people coming back year after year.

Except for Manchester United fans, who seem to think their club has a right to win everything. It's nice to see their city rivals win lots while they struggle for mediocrity. I hope they get relegated next year, it'd be a welcoming dose of real life for them.
Map tools and Character Diaries...
http://www.immortalgeek.com
Brightmantle
Town Crier
Town Crier
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition

Post by Brightmantle »

Dangit Gar- I want to win! I want my team to be challenged and pull through in the clutch. If i have to have it "Failure" I suppose I choose the "last minute choke" over pure long term suckage. :crazy:
A king without a sword, the land without a king!
garhkal
Baronet
Baronet

Post by garhkal »

Roxoff wrote: Except for Manchester United fans, who seem to think their club has a right to win everything. It's nice to see their city rivals win lots while they struggle for mediocrity. I hope they get relegated next year, it'd be a welcoming dose of real life for them.
Than thankfully they are being proven wrong in that.