stupid wishes

Discuss any non D&D roleplaying topics here.

Moderator: Stik

Crasez58
Merchant
Merchant
Favorite D&D Edition: 2nd Edition

stupid wishes

Post by Crasez58 »

Most people prefer not to use wishes as a wish that is well thought out from a seasoned player can break the campaign. Me personally I don't like to utterly destroy my players hope. Occasionally when shtf the deck of chaos comes out(a deck of many things that uses 52 cards) now last time it came put I had a group of lvl 16 players being decimated in the final climatic battle as they had been playing for a few months I didn't really want the campaign to end on a sour note I let them draw if they wanted. The deck has a strange way of fucking up half the party and really helping the other half. Out of 4 players one became imprisoned in the abyss, anothers body continued to function but their mind and soul were trapped elsewhere. Third drew 1-3 wishes 4th had to defeats death alone or be destroyed forever(a death knight on steroids in my campaign) 3rd ended up with 2 wishes 1 wish was used to make it until the others had not drawn. Second wish was for a vorpal sword to appear infront of him. I more than likely would have just given it to him until he said"screw that up for me". Suddenly in front of him appears the long sword,holding said sword was the main baddie. (Prbly not the nicest thing I have ever done but funny to me)(they did end up killing him after running away and coming back later)

Anyway do any of you use wishes. Ever make a dumb wish before?
The single most dangerous thing in all of Krynn is to hear a Kender say "oops".
garhkal
Baronet
Baronet

Re: stupid wishes

Post by garhkal »

Stupidest i have seen, is one guy wishing that he was impervious to normal blows, as if his body was made out of the strongest stone in our world. The DM said, fine you are now a statue made from that stone. Roll up a new pc!
Crasez58
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Crasez58 »

garhkal wrote:Stupidest i have seen, is one guy wishing that he was impervious to normal blows, as if his body was made out of the strongest stone in our world. The DM said, fine you are now a statue made from that stone. Roll up a new pc!
Lol wonderful!!!
The single most dangerous thing in all of Krynn is to hear a Kender say "oops".
Brightmantle
Town Crier
Town Crier
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition

Post by Brightmantle »

I had a guy I played with whose character had died. We had been doing the "Desert of Desolation" series and had a reskinned statue/ Genie bottle. So I summon the jinn through the shedding of my own blood and wish the guy, a member of my characters own clan back to life. This dude gets up- wipes the dirt off himself, turns to my Fighter and says "give me my cut of the treasure all all my s**t right now". So My fighter does so. The guy abandons the party and is never heard from again. (retired) What a waste! :down:
A king without a sword, the land without a king!