Rant - Ill informed D&D people!

PlanetADnD's general chat area. Post freely in here about all non D&D related topics. Share your daily thoughts, but please keep any profanity to a minimum. *NOTE* ALL religious and/or political topics will be deleted on sight if they are not related to D&D.

Moderators: Stik, Cole

Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition

Rant - Ill informed D&D people!

Post by Cole »

So, the other day, I was googleing something and I ran upon a thread on DF forums where someone was asking for premier 1E D&D sites to be posted. Someone there posted planetadnd.com ... I was like :up: fuckin eh.... but then was shocked to see underneath that post a reply that stated we were more of a 3E site .... :puke:

How the hell does a AD&D site of almost 20 years now get classified as a 3E site? We have some 3E downloads, but we don't even have 3E core user base, never have. Then upon further investigation I see other sites claiming to have more content then any others? Parden me? We have over 3000 downloads alone. I'm sorry, if your gonna make that claim... your gonna have to deal with the borg!

PADnD is king of downloads! and 95% are 1E / 2E AD&D goodies. Bring it bitches! :orc:

If someone has a link to a D&D site with more DL's then us, please post it, so I can assimilate them as well :patrol:

yes, if your reading this and yer thinking WTF did that come from, I'm just being a jerk today :moon:

3E site ... bah! :wank:

:worship: to the BORG!
The Borg of Dungeons & Dragons
Brightmantle
Town Crier
Town Crier

Re: Rant - Ill informed D&D people!

Post by Brightmantle »

Fist let me say I love it here. But I can see why someone might think that. The look has changed as far as downloads go this year though.
Here's the thing Cole, Because you have lumped Classic D&D, ad&d 1e., and ad&D 2 e. under one heading (Classic Editions) and given 3e. and Pathfinder their own headings in the forums it might appear that the site gives a token look and pays a bit of homage to ad&d- and rather is pro d20 system. Then there's the tools that they might have seen on the main page like the 3e character generator along with the 3e artist representations for the Class determination exercise. The site is Named Pad&d but at a glance it looked like a 3e era fansite. It's only when you look closer you see the downloads for ad&d. Also you have added a ton of stuff over the last 3 months for ad&d that was gone before. Thanks btw. Tsr era fans are likely to see the format and 3e plastered on the main page and dismiss the site as Un olde school and move on. Truth is the exact opposite the of perception.
Then again there's allot of "ass hats" on the internet.I wouldn't take it personally. Link the page and if it can be altered I'll set em strait over there. Keep in mind they are your main competition for "Internets" and suppressing you is good for them. Steve over there is actually a good guy. Maybe drop him a p.m.
A king without a sword, the land without a king!
Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Cole »

Good points made, perhaps i should revamp the forums to the old way I used to do it. I had a heading for each realm, IE an FR forum, a Dragon Lance forum, a Mystara forum etc. We consolidated all of them because of the fan base disappearing. I do admit, the current theme is 3E ish look. Perhaps I should get my old / new theme going asap. Put PADnD.com back into the old of the past and make sure those classic editions dominate the site... however, I do wish to maintain a 3E/pathfinder presence. Just no 4e/5e crap.
Brightmantle
Town Crier
Town Crier

Post by Brightmantle »

Hey Cole, saw what you are doing with the planet. Bad ass. :bat:
Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Cole »

Thanks ... just finished. PMed you just before I seen this... :thumbs:
Brightmantle
Town Crier
Town Crier

Post by Brightmantle »

Cole wrote:Thanks ... just finished. PMed you just before I seen this... :thumbs:
Pmed you too right after it changed. I'm stoked! Feels like home.