Your favorite Setting

PlanetADnD's general chat area. Post freely in here about all non D&D related topics. Share your daily thoughts, but please keep any profanity to a minimum. *NOTE* ALL religious and/or political topics will be deleted on sight if they are not related to D&D.

Moderators: Stik, Cole

Meph
Peddler
Peddler
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st & 2nd Edition

Re: Your favorite Setting

Post by Meph »

DF is Dragonsfoot
Lukafio
Artisan
Artisan
Favorite D&D Edition: BECMI / RC

Post by Lukafio »

The Known World, starting with module X1
The Known World, starting with module X1
outer-world-map.jpg (108.59 KiB) Viewed 3407 times
Brightmantle wrote:So I was wondering about what "official" tsr setting you folks preferred and why? Over at d.f. two worls basically rule them all; Greyhawk and Forgotten realms. This is likely because of the ad&d 1e. fans that call that site home. Yes I know alot of you are world crafters and homebrew but what setting do you dig from the tsr era?
Some options include:
Greyhawk
Blackmoor
The known world a.k.a. Mystara
Hollow world
Red steel
The Forgotten realms
Dragonlance
Taladas
Spelljammer
Planescape
Ravenloft
Masque of the Red death
Hyboria "yes there were Conan modules"
Lankmaar
I have included some expansions to printed settings as well because of the distinct difference in flavor from the base setting. Feel free to fill in any blanks for me. TSR only please.
I follow the tweets of a content-creator that used to work for WoTC back in the day. Since he is only a few years my junior, much of our gaming history is similar. For the holidays he did a special run on his Patreon page, and linked it to Twitter. It was called the 12 Days of D&D. Much of the content he covered went back to the OD&D days. Several of which are on the list above.

I thought in the final days of a year many of us wish to forget, why not share memories of settings we fondly recall. Mine is pictured here and those that have known me are not surprised by it.
:pop:
:mage "Some terrifying space monkeys maybe got loose?"
New Hegdeh
Merchant
Merchant
Favorite D&D Edition: 2nd Edition

Post by New Hegdeh »

Darksun
Planescape
Ravenloft
Spelljammer