Brothers Barbarian

PlanetADnD's general chat area. Post freely in here about all non D&D related topics. Share your daily thoughts, but please keep any profanity to a minimum. *NOTE* ALL religious and/or political topics will be deleted on sight if they are not related to D&D.

Moderators: Stik, Cole

doomer
Vagabond
Vagabond
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition

Brothers Barbarian

Post by doomer »

Hey all-

Any one else checking out the Brothers Barbarian videos on YouTube? It's a series of shorts about two barbarian brothers. It's rich with D&D references, Larry Elmore plats a recurring character, and Margaret Weis was a guest star in one episode. It's nothing Oscar worthy, but some good "only gamers will get this" lines. Season Two is in mid swing. I recommend it.
--Doomer
"Trying is the first step in failure"-Homer Simpson
Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster

Re: Brothers Barbarian

Post by Cole »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdsxcA1-KnE[/youtube]

There yeah go! I'll check it out for sure and ad them to PADnD's channel if worthy :)
The Borg of Dungeons & Dragons
Brightmantle
Town Crier
Town Crier

Post by Brightmantle »

Larry Elmore as a wizard, Margaret Weis guest starring. Old school credentials validated.
Did I see Dead gentleman productions involved? I.E. The Gamers and Journey Quest? Those guys are hilarious. :lol:
A king without a sword, the land without a king!
Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Cole »

Yes indeed! Great stuff... I'm addicted to these kinds of low budget flicks. I've been downloading and re-uploading everything I can get my hands on for padnd's youtube channel. Maybe I should actually post a link on this site to our channel :lol: ... :oops:

For now; you folks can see what I've uploaded here;
http://www.youtube.com/user/planetadnd

Most of the vids I have uploaded are private to avoid deletion by youtube, so I've added some under this sites video archive.

All 27 episodes of the original cartoon are online, thaco the movie, journey quest etc etc ...anything to do with D&D on one channel :)
Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Cole »

WoW... now that I look over padnd's channel, it would appear youtube deleted tons of vids I had posted. Maybe I'll try adding them to facebook. Anyway, I have on file the entire LOTR cartoon series with the hobbit as well (those were there, but got deleted), also have D&D movie 1, 2 and 3, but haven't put 2 and 3 up yet. Anyway, tons there to watch :)

Uploading season 2 of JQ now :up:
rredmond
Peddler
Peddler

Post by rredmond »

Cool subscribed!

Now JQ hasn't been updated in a while, right?

Why don't you host in a restricted forum here. Only give folks access who can trust not to freak out about what you are hosting. Only because I wonder if you'll run into the same issues on FB.

Be well,

--Ron--
http://www.unseenservant.us
for Play by Post gaming!
rredmond
Peddler
Peddler

Post by rredmond »

Those LotR cartoons would be awesome to have. Can you pull stuff off of YouTube as well?
I'm not sure if it's on the & Mag youtube account or my personal one, but I'm linked (favorited?) to the full movie of Blood of Heroes. Would love to have that downloaded to my hard drive forever. :)
As Dr. McCoy used to say, I'm a social worker not an IT guy!
Or something. ;)
--Ron--
http://www.unseenservant.us
for Play by Post gaming!
Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Cole »

You sure can, just open up either settings / extensions and search for youtube downloader for chrome or go under addons and search for youtube downloader addon for Fire fox ;)

Both work, make sure to download one that is popular and has no adware etc. Some are horrible. I use the ones for firefox, that way it keeps my Chrome nice, fast and clean. ;)

I use 1-click Youtube Video Downloader 2.2.7 and while your there, EVERYONE should have Ad Block Plus 2.5.1 (Also called Ad blocker pro)... A must for all browser and net surfers.

If there is something on the net and you want it... I'm your man! There isn't anything I can't get a hold of for free :D

Part time gamer, full time internet guru :up:
doomer
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by doomer »

Spoiler Alert-

I love that the Orcs are playing the "Houses and Humans" RPG. If you haven't watched the "Ask Mardock" shorts on the Brothers Barbarian page, the one about H&H is my favorite.
--Doomer
"Trying is the first step in failure"-Homer Simpson