Me am new!

Back from the past? Been Lurking and finally want to say hi? Or simply new to the Planet? This is the place to introduce yourself to everyone else.

Moderators: Stik, Cole

RPG Dinosaur
Merchant
Merchant
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition, with some 2nd

Me am new!

Post by RPG Dinosaur »

Hi everyone,
My name is Matt. Except for a real short lived 1e campaign with my brother in 2011, I haven't played any D&D since 1990 (hence my username: RPG Dinosaur). I've enjoyed the game as a player and also a DM. Since the internet has come about I have occasionally researched modules and supplements for 1e that never crossed my hands while actively playing. Admittedly, I spend most of my recreational internet time listening to music on Youtube and reading about musicians. I have also picked up some 1e modules (mostly through downloads) along the way that previously eluded me.
My brother recently gave me a copy of A1 Slave Pits of the Undercity and the Raiders of the Lost Ark adventure for the Indiana Jones TSR game this past Christmas. After giving Slave Pits a couple of reads I have become curious about how peoples characters fared because this was one that wasn't played by me. After a search I have found PlanetAD&D and the Classic Edition sections. After seeing the post titled Classic Modules,"Slavers A series for AD&D" by phindar, I know I'm in the right place to get some feedback. I didn't have time to introduce myself to everyone after seeing the post on 1/15 so I just sent phindar a quick PM, but it doesn't look like he has come to the board for over a year.
I know this isn't really the right forum so I hope everyone will check out my first post about A1, L2 and T1 in the Classics Editions section. Maybe there is some worthwhile feedback I could give all of you as well. Also, thanks to everyone who posted material in the Download section.
Sincerely,
Matt the RPG Dinosaur
_Matt_
Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition

Re: Me am new!

Post by Cole »

Hey Matt :)

Welcome to the site.... yeah it's pretty slow this time of year around here but all the regulars are still posting periodically. I'm around often, I just don't always have time to post right now as I'm in the process of a few huge projects and working allot lately. However, if you post some good topics, I'll be sure to check em out as I'm old school too :up:
The Borg of Dungeons & Dragons
rredmond
Peddler
Peddler

Post by rredmond »

There are those of us who like to lurk too... mwahahahahahahahaaaa!
:)

Be well and welcome!

--Ron--
http://www.unseenservant.us
for Play by Post gaming!
Brightmantle
Town Crier
Town Crier

Post by Brightmantle »

Hey there! Welcome Matt. I'm new around here too. I look forward to talking shop with you.
A king without a sword, the land without a king!
RPG Dinosaur
Merchant
Merchant
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition, with some 2nd

Post by RPG Dinosaur »

Thanks rredmond and glad you're aboard Brightmantle! I haven't had alot of time lately, but I will be participating with the board alot more real soon.
Last edited by RPG Dinosaur on Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_Matt_
eliana
Vagabond
Vagabond
Favorite D&D Edition: 3rd Edition

Post by eliana »

Welcome to the party... oups PlanetAD&D!
Raised into Darkness, Awaken by Evil.
Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Cole »

:jump: did someone say party! Good stuff... lets start this new year off right :)
The Borg of Dungeons & Dragons