Cut The Cord

PlanetADnD's general chat area. Post freely in here about all non D&D related topics. Share your daily thoughts, but please keep any profanity to a minimum. *NOTE* ALL religious and/or political topics will be deleted on sight if they are not related to D&D.

Moderators: Stik, Cole

Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition

Cut The Cord

Post by Cole »

Yup! It's official, no land line and no cable TV for me anymore :)

I've been working on my networking and channel filtering via DNS / VPN's for quite awhile now and have managed to get everything I had before and then some all via the internet in HD quality for the most part. Saves me over $1200 a year :)

nice!
The Borg of Dungeons & Dragons
Crasez58
Merchant
Merchant
Favorite D&D Edition: 2nd Edition

Re: Cut The Cord

Post by Crasez58 »

Nice :D

Sadly I am a total noob when it comes to most anything tech related
Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Cole »

I'm like addicted to this stealing cable tv stuff. I've barely slept in days now. :D Love trying to get for free what others pay for. Hummm if only a had an american friend to sign up for a few things for me.... *wink wink* ;)
Crasez58
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Crasez58 »

Lol you know the drill shoot me a email and ill do what I can :D
Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Cole »

Well what I need is pretty simple. I can sign up for any american TV websites using my US VPN service, but I don't have an American Cable subscription so I'm screwed for certain channels I want to stream to my Roku :(

I'll shoot you an email bud soon with instructions and if you would be so kind to help me out, I'll return the favor by providing you with hundreds of free channels and the knowledge on how to get anything free to do with TV and movies :)

If you own a roku ... well then, I can REALLY help out ;)
mjolnirh
Peasant
Peasant

Post by mjolnirh »

I get everything I need with netflix, hulu, and amazon
Crasez58
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Crasez58 »

I don't really see the point of amazon prime to me everything that is on there can be had on netflix and hulu
Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Cole »

yup, amazon is a complete waist of money. Matter a fact, with the setup I have going now, I can't see any reason that I'm paying for Netflix anymore either. Hulu is all I need and if for some odd reason, Hulu rids of their free site, I don't think I would miss that either.

PLEX Media Server (with 3rd party pluggins) and PlayonTV with (pluggins) has everything anyone would ever want. The only reason I bought 3 roku's is so that I can have a remote in each room on each TV. Yup, I'm lazy .... if your not, then you can get away with a xbox or ps3 etc if you don't mind using controllers to navigate. I find that crap wayyyy to slow.