Movie quote game

PlanetADnD's general chat area. Post freely in here about all non D&D related topics. Share your daily thoughts, but please keep any profanity to a minimum. *NOTE* ALL religious and/or political topics will be deleted on sight if they are not related to D&D.

Moderators: Stik, Cole

Stik
Master Scribe
Master Scribe
Favorite D&D Edition: 2nd Edition

Re: Movie quote game

Post by Stik »

Nobody? Really?
Maybe some more dialogue will help.

"I need a horse."
"We don't have horses. Just dogs, cats, birds."
"Well give me one of those large enough to ride."
"No matter where you go, there you are."
Stik
Master Scribe
Master Scribe

Post by Stik »

Nobody? Really?

The line was from Thor.

Okay, we'll go with something easy to get this thing rolling again.

"I do not, for one, think that the problem was that the band was down. I think that the problem may have been that there was a Stonehenge monument on the stage that was in danger of being crushed by a dwarf. Alright? That tended to understate the hugeness of the object. "
RPG Dinosaur
Merchant
Merchant
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition, with some 2nd

Post by RPG Dinosaur »

I was pretty sure I'd heard the line from Thor, but just couldn't place it. As far as humor in that movie the line that sticks with me is the Thor character saying "We drank. We fought. He made his ancestors proud." :D
Just don't know the latest quote, but here's a guess: Airheads?
_Matt_
Stik
Master Scribe
Master Scribe

Post by Stik »

The horse/dog/cat/bird line was from Thor, so you have given a correct answer, RPGD.
The other line was from This Is Spinal Tap, one of the great cult movies of all time.
Go!
RPG Dinosaur
Merchant
Merchant

Post by RPG Dinosaur »

Stik wrote:so you have given a correct answer, RPGD.
Well, okay, if you say so. :)
Listen to me please. You must listen to me please. Thank you all for coming. I have been speaking with the Chief Inspector, and I think there has been a serious misunderstanding. I want you all to know that everything you've seen in my theater, is an illusion...it's a trick, it's not real. I can't bring loved ones back from the grave. I can't receive messages from the other side. I apologize if I've given you any false hope, my intention has only been to entertain, nothing more. Now I appreciate your support, but you must go home.
_Matt_
RPG Dinosaur
Merchant
Merchant

Post by RPG Dinosaur »

It's been a little longer than a week. Rather than give hints and/or put up another quote from the same movie, I'm just going to move on with a different one. By the way, the last quote was from the 2006 movie The Illusionist. :up: :up:
You and I are very much alike. Archeology is our religion, yet we have both fallen from the purer faith. Our methods have not differed as much as you pretend. I am but a shadowy reflection of you. It would take only a nudge to make you like me. To push you out of the light.
_Matt_
Stik
Master Scribe
Master Scribe

Post by Stik »

Too easy.
Raiders of the Lost Ark.

I'm not even going to wait on this one.

"You know, here's what I don't get about you. You know for a fact that there is a God. You've been in His presence. He's spoken to you personally. Yet I just heard you claim to be an atheist."
Lukafio
Artisan
Artisan
Favorite D&D Edition: BECMI / RC

Post by Lukafio »

I was searching for something else and stumbled upon this old thread. It is the perfect way for me to share a very fun movie quote with ya. Let's see who can guess it.
    • I'll put on a pot of bourbon.
BTW, that was Loki in Dogma. Okay. ready, set ... go!
:mage "Some terrifying space monkeys maybe got loose?"