Sup suckas

Back from the past? Been Lurking and finally want to say hi? Or simply new to the Planet? This is the place to introduce yourself to everyone else.

Moderators: Stik, Cole

Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition

Re: Sup suckas

Post by Cole »

Agreed! I'd kill him first! :P
The Borg of Dungeons & Dragons
Crimson-Kobold
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Crimson-Kobold »

mjolnirh wrote:CK!! sup dude
sup.
Thanatos wrote:Letting us kill Jar Jar would make the game more fun. Just saying. LOL.
I think the concept of roleplaying is sometimes lost on you, nutcase :P
The Kobold gonna kobold.
Crimson-Kobold
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Crimson-Kobold »

Yearly "I am not dead" post. Sup.
The Kobold gonna kobold.
rredmond
Peddler
Peddler

Post by rredmond »

[nods]S'up.[/nods]
http://www.unseenservant.us
for Play by Post gaming!
Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Cole »

Sup brotha! :up:

Nice to see yer alive still.... tell the others to check in once in a while to. I'd like to see if Clement is still surviving the battle ;) Still in Edmonton I take it?

The Borg lives and isn't going anywhere anytime soon :)
Crimson-Kobold
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Crimson-Kobold »

Cole wrote:Sup brotha! :up:

Nice to see yer alive still.... tell the others to check in once in a while to. I'd like to see if Clement is still surviving the battle ;) Still in Edmonton I take it?

The Borg lives and isn't going anywhere anytime soon :)
Clem's still kicking, slowly moving up in the world. Most of his legal stuff is basically dealt with from what I understand, which is cool.

Yup, still in Edmonton, and waiting on mah new condo to get finished being built.

PS: Your smilie list is outta control...making me scroll down for submit, pfah! :P
The Kobold gonna kobold.
ThanatosTheLoonie
Peasant
Peasant
Favorite D&D Edition: 2nd Edition

Post by ThanatosTheLoonie »

Yup! Still alive and (mostly) kicking.
CK's right. After 7 years, I now have my youngest living with me (and his 5 brothers and sisters). Just wrapping up the financial portion of the divorce. Yay! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel... Woooo! This will, hopefully, be the end of it.. it's soooo expensive (I did a quick check of my bank statements from Nov 2013 to Oct 2014 - I spent almost $20000 on legal fees & parenting/psychological assessments... and it was a 'slow' year!)
BTW - CK and I are currently playing a 5e campaign. Having played it for about 3 sessions, I have to say that I like 5e :D (maybe it's because I'm playing a half-orc barbarian named Groot :lol: )
Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Cole »

yay Groot! I love that son of a B. Great movie! or should I say character choice in yer case ... LOL

nice to hear your doing well bud. :) nice to hear CK is out of mom's house too ... LOL :up:

stop by once in a while and share your 5E tales ;)
Blackbranch
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Blackbranch »

Hi
ThanatosTheLoonie
Peasant
Peasant

Hi Hi! :D
Just making my annual "Hi, I'm still alive!" post.. LOL
Oh... CK's still alive and kicking as well... Hmm.. well...maybe not kicking that much as he has a bad knee. :lol:
rredmond
Peddler
Peddler

Post by rredmond »

Hey TTL how's it hanging?
:)
--Ron--
for Play by Post gaming!
ThanatosTheLoonie
Peasant
Peasant

Hey rredmond! It's been awhile.

Once again, making my annual "Still alive and kicking" post. LOL! CK's also still alive... not kicking that much though as he has swollen ankles (but his knee is better!!!). :D :P

Life wise, I'm currently unemployed. Things aren't too "hot" in Alberta with the low price of oil. But, that's OK... I have enough savings to last awhile (I was about to place the down payment for a new house when I lost the job).

Kids are growing:
Oldest son decided to be an idiot, dropped out of high school, moved out, and became a bum in another province. He would have been homeless during winter (in Canada.. Brrr) but I offered him the option of a one way ticket to "the old country" where he'd have to spend 2 years in the military. Hopefully, the military will cure him of his stupidity... :roll:
I thank God that the rest of my kids are great kids... lol. :D
#2, my oldest daughter is about to start her 2nd year of university. She does well academically and hopes to become a doctor.
#3 will be in grade 12 for the new school year. She hopes to follow her sister.. because she knows she can rely on her sister to tutor her if needed - minimum effort / maximum results (she's a lot like her min/max munchkin father... has a goofy sense of humour as well).
The younger sons, #4, #5 & #6 (ages 15, 13 & 10) are doing well both in school and at home. They are all still very affectionate towards me (e.g. all 5 say they love me everyday, the 3 boys still hug me everyday, etc) which is great. (#3 says that she might hug me when I'm dead... but she also says that she'll dump my body in the landfill when I'm dead to save on burial costs.. LOL) :D

Gaming wise, CK and I are currently playing a Star Wars RPG (Fantasy Flight Games). He's the GM. My character's a 6 foot tall, overweight, approximately 35 to 50 year old human Bounty hunter(assassin) / Scout with longish hair and shifty eyes named Bubba the Third (and, yes, that's the actual description of my character. LOL). I had a fantastic (i.e. amusing) background story for him which tells of how he became an only child because of a tragic famine... but CK didn't want cannibalism in his campaign. *sigh* 8O :D :roll:

Cole, regarding the 5e campaign... it ended when the party went against a vampire. The vampire dominated Groot (my barbarian), who then eliminated the entire party minus CK's character. CK's character was close to death and decided to jump off the bridge (to his death) instead of being hacked to death... lol. :D :lol:
rredmond
Peddler
Peddler

Post by rredmond »

TTL have you tried LinkedIn to job search?
Link with me if you want, sometimes it helps:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/ronaldredmond

And good luck with everything. Sheesh you got a lot on your plate!

Be well,
--Ron--
for Play by Post gaming!
ThanatosTheLoonie
Peasant
Peasant

Oh boy, I've not been here for over 2 years. Ron, my apologies for not replying sooner. I've (finally) clicked on your LinkedIn link and sent a connect request.

What's happened since I was last here. Let's see:

Role Playing:
We completed CK's Star Wars campaign. It was fun. But, IMHO, it could be better if it was tactical instead of narrative based combat. Nevertheless, the group had loads of fun. Though, LOL, sometimes at the expense of the GM (I think CK grew to dislike grappling hooks).
Following that, CK ran a D20 modern campaign. That was fun as well. However, D20 modern seemed a little unbalanced when the party reached higher levels (13+). At least, that's what CK felt as he nerfed a number of feats / strategies that I was using on my, admittedly, min/max munchkin character named Gabriel Aydar (yes, Gaydar - HAHAHA). Multiclassed with 2 levels of Fast, 2 levels of Strong, 9 levels of Shadow Slayer, and 1 level of Holy Knight. He was a hoot to play and had a number of eccentricities, e.g. He believed that he sneaked better when he was naked. LOL! Because Gabriel was a male chauvinist pig, CK had a high level drow cast a gender change curse on him. Boy, did that confuse poor Gabriel. Anyway, the campaign ended in December with Gabriel sacrificing himself and his very essence to save the universe / reality.
We are currently trying out Starfinder. Playing an Adventure Path titled "Against the Aeon Throne". I'm the GM. We've had 3 sessions and I believe everyone is having lots of fun. I won't say much more because CK *might* read this and I don't want to reveal things I shouldn't. HAHAHA.

Life (Kids):
They're fine. Youngest is 13 now. The girls are both in university (computer science). The boys, except for the oldest, are doing great. Oldest is still an idiot... oh well, lets hope he grows out of it.
Life (Me):
I decided to create games for a living. I've thought about this most of my life so I figured, "What the heck? I've got enough savings... I'll give this a shot.". Choosing the Unity game engine, I created an anagram word game that I released for free on the Android system. I made it mostly to learn Unity and C# programming (I've programmed in C, C++, and other languages). I'm now at the point where I can, given enough time, code/create just about anything I want to in C#/ Unity. I have 3 different games in different stages of development... but I've run into a bit of a snag:
a) I'm not an artist. My drawing skills are about average.. slightly above average at best.
b) Being my own boss, having work that requires long term daily commitment that only pays in the long run, being a single dad, having enough savings to last a few years, and having top tier thriftiness as a real life feat doesn't really work; I get too distracted from working on my games. I don't feel the pressure of having no money, and I don't feel the responsibility / obligation to "do an honest work" for an employer who is paying me...because my boss is, well, me. I don't even have team members who depend on me, who will be "let down" by me if I don't complete my work on time. Again, it's just me. And it's easy to let yourself down, set things aside for another day when you are your own boss and have enough savings to last a couple more years (maybe). Especially if you're used to putting the needs of others above your own.
c) It isn't fun watching your bank account grow smaller.
Hence, I'll probably look for employment again and do my game creation during my free time.
ThanatosTheLoonie
Peasant
Peasant

Oh, regarding CK. Dang. He's lost ALMOST half his weight over the last 1 to 2 years. He was over 290 lbs (not sure if he was ever 300+ lbs). He's now about 164 lbs. He weighs less than I do 8O
And he did it while still only eating the things that he used to only eat. FYI - He is a VERY... VERY picky eater. I could probably list the types of food that he eats.
Lets see:
Pepperoni Pizza (and only pepperoni pizza).
Burgers
Hot dogs
Hash browns
Brownies
Cake
Ice cream
Reese peanut butter cups
Potato chips
Blizzards from Dairy Queen
Ketchup

.... That's it, I think. LOL.