Mobile phones

PlanetADnD's general chat area. Post freely in here about all non D&D related topics. Share your daily thoughts, but please keep any profanity to a minimum. *NOTE* ALL religious and/or political topics will be deleted on sight if they are not related to D&D.

Moderators: Stik, Cole

Stik
Master Scribe
Master Scribe
Favorite D&D Edition: 2nd Edition

Mobile phones

Post by Stik »

Can we make a pact, here and now, all of us, not to make calls from our mobile phones while in the bathroom?

Unless there is a medical emergency, or the building is on fire, there is very little that can't wait until after you're done in there.
"No matter where you go, there you are."
Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition

Re: Mobile phones

Post by Cole »

but texting is ok right? I always do my biz while I'm doing my "BIZ" in there :lol:
The Borg of Dungeons & Dragons
Shao Khan
Freeman
Freeman

Post by Shao Khan »

For reasons I will not divulge I highly recommend the Verizon Commando. Android. 4g. Toilet Waterproof.
Stik
Master Scribe
Master Scribe

Post by Stik »

Another important reason not to talk from the john.
Crasez58
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Crasez58 »

Forum seriously needs a +1 button :D I know I would. Never be able to use my phone again if it fell but sometimes it's funny to hear the reaction of people when they hear a toilet flush
Stik
Master Scribe
Master Scribe

Post by Stik »

I have heard, not that I know this from experience, but I heard someplace that if you should happen to accidentally drop your mobile phone in water, you can put it in a ziplock bag full of uncooked rice for two weeks.
Then, after two weeks, when you take it out you'll have a mobile phone that doesn't work and smells like rice.
Shao Khan
Freeman
Freeman

Post by Shao Khan »

I kayak and backpack a lot. I've done that at least 4 times. LG products can take a straight up clothes wash!!

And yeah, white rice, mason jar, more like 6days in my experience. Has worked like a charm EVERY time.
Doesn't work on flip cams, elf cameras, or kindles.

The phone didn't smell bad because I use Jasmine rice.

In the end I got a Verizon Commando android. Takes pics and plays music......8" under water.

"The More I Know, the Less I Need"
Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition

Post by Cole »

Stik wrote:I have heard, not that I know this from experience, but I heard someplace that if you should happen to accidentally drop your mobile phone in water, you can put it in a ziplock bag full of uncooked rice for two weeks.
Then, after two weeks, when you take it out you'll have a mobile phone that doesn't work and smells like rice.
I've dropped my LG in the toilet twice now.

Speaking from a computer tech standpoint, it's just electronics ... if you don't turn em on, or try to use it and just leave it to dry for a week anywhere it should work again. I didn't use rice or anything else, just time and it works fine. The only thing I noticed that wasn't perfect was the speaker... it was crackly afterwards periodically. not worth another $150 :D

We had entire computers in floods come into our shop, we just cleaned em up and let em sit for a few weeks and whala! Works! ;)
The Borg of Dungeons & Dragons
Crasez58
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Crasez58 »

We had entire computers in floods come into our shop, we just cleaned em up and let em sit for a few weeks and whala! Works!
Interesting. Honestly I left my iPhone 3GS in a ice storm overnight because it fell out of my pocket I knocked the ice off of it and turned it on it worked for the next few years until I sold it and a guy tore it apart because he dropped it a few times and knocked the wifi antenna lose
Shao Khan
Freeman
Freeman

Post by Shao Khan »

What's the big prob Crase? you don't like the idea of holding a public toilet against the side of your mouth? :puke:
Lukafio
Artisan
Artisan
Favorite D&D Edition: BECMI / RC

Post by Lukafio »

Stik wrote:Can we make a pact, here and now, all of us, not to make calls from our mobile phones while in the bathroom?
I wish he had said not to take selfies while in the bathroom. It has become so common place now. :sucks:
:mage "Some terrifying space monkeys maybe got loose?"
Stik
Master Scribe
Master Scribe

Post by Stik »

Lukafio wrote:
Stik wrote:Can we make a pact, here and now, all of us, not to make calls from our mobile phones while in the bathroom?
I wish he had said not to take selfies while in the bathroom. It has become so common place now. :sucks:
Selfies in the bathroom might be a thing because that's the only place many folks have a large mirror available to them, which I guess makes it okay.
But if you're going to do take a bathroom selfie, make sure to flush the toilet first, or at least close the lid. :)