[OT] Golf

PlanetADnD's general chat area. Post freely in here about all non D&D related topics. Share your daily thoughts, but please keep any profanity to a minimum. *NOTE* ALL religious and/or political topics will be deleted on sight if they are not related to D&D.

Moderators: Stik, Cole

Stik
Master Scribe
Master Scribe
Favorite D&D Edition: 2nd Edition

[OT] Golf

Post by Stik »

Played golf yesterday for the first time ever. Didn't keep score, but I do too badly, seeing as I have never even held a golf club before.
Hit a bogey on one hole, a double bogey on another, and the other seven I don't want to talk about (it's frustrating to hit just short of the green, then hit the ball completely over the green into the rough on the next shot, then completely back over the green and into the pond on the next one...).
I don't know that I'd rush out to play again, but I can see the allure of the game. When you hit a nice solid drive, and the ball goes straight and true, it's a good feeling - like for just few seconds everything is right in the world.
"No matter where you go, there you are."
Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster
Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition

Re: [OT] Golf

Post by Cole »

My first and only time out I played 18 holes. I was also terrible and I'm usually very good at any sports. I can drive 300+ yards, but I found out the hard way that you need to be good on the green or you'll never compete. It's all about putting my friend ;)
The Borg of Dungeons & Dragons
Roxoff
Vagabond
Vagabond
Favorite D&D Edition: 3.5E

Re: [OT] Golf

Post by Roxoff »

Hey, Stik, you're a natural. It' could be like Happy Gilmour. it's a sport that can be enjoyed by people that have become too old to play football, basketball or tennis.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the game - on telly it's just like watching broadcast pictures of the sky. It is addictive, though - and a great way to build business networks and stuff. You've just got to avoid falling into the set that wears bright check trousers or goes off buying a flashy BMW with a boot just big enough for golf bats. I think I'll stick with the mainstream activities of playing D&D and computer games :)
Map tools and Character Diaries...
http://www.immortalgeek.com