Dragon Age: Finally gave it a try

Discuss any non D&D roleplaying topics here.

Moderator: Stik

Crimson-Kobold
Peddler
Peddler

Dragon Age: Finally gave it a try

Post by Crimson-Kobold »

Since our current DM was unavailable this weekend for whatever his reason be, we decided to give the Dragon Age PnP game a shot.

We finished the first combat encounter, and touched on roleplaying a bit (a challenge with this group, although it seems they may have inadvertently avoided the upcoming roleplaying encounter, entirely not on purpose, at least I hope not)

Combat wise, it runs pretty quick. I found the stunt system works pretty smoothy, although since it depends on doubles being rolled, they don't always come up. One player only had doubles once or twice, and only had enough stunt points from their dragon die to perform skirimish, which allows you to move a square (techincally 2 yards).

The complaint that came up, which is what I suspected might be the case, is that you sometimes are just going "hit hit hit", which nothing special going on. However, we've been playing 4th Edition for some time, which means every character has a bunch of options available (which personally, are just slight variations of "hit hit hit")

Personally, I like what I've seen. Just needs something in there for flanking, which shouldn't be hard to house rule in, maybe a +1, and allow for backstabs when flanking (although that might get a bit overpowered, since backstabs have a +2 to hit)

After a brief search of the area, and finding the things related to the quest, they return to the town, and it was at this point our food came, so we paused to eat. Unfortunately, the group decided to watch a movie instead. Hope that wasn't an indication of what they thought of the game :(
The Kobold gonna kobold.